Solved Latest Google app update breaks Moto Assist

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My Assist has not been working right and I'm not alone. The reviews on the Assist app page in the Play Store show that there is a common problem. So far I've seen X & G owners complain. But one reviewer figured it out.

The latest update for the Google app messes up Assist. Their temporary solution is to uninstall the updates for Google. I did and it works great again.

Everything else I tried (battery pull, Assist uninstall and reinstall, FC, and a bunch of other stuff) didn't work.

Hopefully this will help some of you out.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was going to start a thread for this issue yesterday and forgot. Thanks for sharing LoudRam. I had some really crazy things happen to my phone Friday night with Driving Mode enabled. Then I read about the issue on the Moto forum and uninstalled the Google Search app updates and all is good again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Looks like the latest Assist update that came out today fixes the problem. I reinstalled Google search and so far Assist works fine.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just saw the update for Assist and installed it and update the Google (search) app also. Not driving anywhere tonight but will keep an eye on it tomorrow. That was quick...good job Moto!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I didn't test it while driving but the home feature works fine where it didn't before.