Larry Page Officially Takes Over as Google CEO Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-chair-positions.jpg

Earlier in the year, we shared the news that Eric Schmidt would eventually step down as CEO, and that co-founder Larry Page would eventually re-take that position. Today that eventuality became reality. As CEO, Mr. Page will be making all the strategic and product development decisions, while the other co-founder, Sergey Brin, will still be focused on developing new projects for Google. It's also important to note that Eric Schmidt will still hold the Executive Chairman position and will focus on outward-facing deals and partnerships for the company. It seems that 'the ship' is still in good hands, and it will be interesting to watch how the company continues to evolve in the future.

Source: Android.net via Engadget

patfactorx

Reaction score
Plz fight back against the carriers. Dont give up so easily!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... and if the carriers are going to crack down on rooting and ROMing then I'm all for Google tightening the reigns and ensuring Android is a quality product.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... and if the carriers are going to crack down on rooting and ROMing then I'm all for Google tightening the reigns and ensuring Android is a quality product.

Exactly, I could accept that tradeoff. Don't give us a reason to have to root.

Only real reason to root for me if for the bloatware and removing UI's.... but if Google wants to play a bigger role in determining what a carrier gets to put on a device then my reasoning to root may be negated. It then becomes a wash.

I mean, I'd still like my options, but if they're going to crack down on them, but at the same time give me a more solid OS/device... then I can live with it.

dankish

Reaction score
Main reason I would still root is for AdFree and Titanium Backup. But I wouldn't care as much about a custom ROM if Google made things look close to, or just as pretty as all the great ROMs. I'm really hoping this change brings some great things within the next year (doubt it, but I'm optimistic)!