Shake up in Google

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Larry page will be the new CEO for google.

bu-fcc07_ph_0499345638.jpg

Google Inc. co-founder Larry Page is taking over as CEO in an unexpected shake-up that upstaged the Internet search leader's fourth-quarter earnings. Page, 37, is reclaiming the top job from Eric Schmidt, who had been brought in as CEO a decade ago because Google's investors believed the company needed a more mature leader. Schmidt, 55, will remain an adviser to Page and Google's other co-founder, Sergey Brin, as Google's executive chairman. The changes will be effective April 4.

"In my clear opinion, Larry is ready to lead and I'm excited about working with both him and Sergey for a long time to come," Schmidt said.

Continue Reading: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/01/20/state/n130650S98.DTL#ixzz1BcI6BMjx

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, this is huge news. It's nice to see one of the co-founder back in control.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
You would think someone with that much money would be more attractive. Yikes.

Blabomb

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. Although I'm not sure that a new CEO is going to do too much. I mean google is a search engine.... there isn't too much to change. haha

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hmmm interesting. Although I'm not sure that a new CEO is going to do too much. I mean google is a search engine.... there isn't too much to change. haha

They are much more than just a search engine.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
google phone, google tv, google chrome, chrome notebook. And to think I laughed a few years ago when someone told me google was gonna make a phone.... I thought man this thing will never compete with the iphone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
google phone, google tv, google chrome, chrome notebook. And to think I laughed a few years ago when someone told me google was gonna make a phone.... I thought man this thing will never compete with the iphone.

Had to quote that. lol

I'm sure quite a few other ppl thought the same thing. Just like ppl thought that about the iPhone. I remember seeing a quote recently that Steve Ballmer, Mr. Nutcase himself, said basically the same thing about the iPhone.

Its kinda eerie the similarities with Android and the iPhone. Both grabbed a ton of market share from established phones in a very short amount of time.