Language packs

DukeBD711

Reaction score
You would have to find the apk for the language you want and install it yourself. According to the swype website, they only install languages the OEM wants installed (english and spanish).

English (US and UK), French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Malay, Russian, Slovenian,Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Romanian, Slovak, Swedish, Serbian (Latin Keyboard), Czech, Greek, Polish, Indonesian, Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmål), Turkish, Icelandic.
Early 2010 we'll be adding in the following:
Croatian, Finnish, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Ukranian, Arabic, Hindi, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese - Mandarin (simplified), Korean, Urdu, Farsi, Estonian, Catalan, Latvian, Filipino (Tagalog), Hebrew, Galician, Lithuanian, Thai and a few more.
If you don't see your language listed, keep in mind we're developing languages at the request of our partners and customers. Also we only install the languages that an OEM has requested on any given phone - so from phone to phone and country to country you will see a different combination of dictionaries.

EDIT: Whoops, assumed you were talking about Swype

Last edited:
OP
B

Basshawke

Reaction score
no I wasnt, swype drives me nuts. I just need to find out how to add the font pack so i can talk to my buddies overseas..

thanks for your effort, though.

helmsleyl

Reaction score
I dunno if they have a pack, but I was able to find a Chinese input software made by Google from the market called "Google Pinyin IME"

try to search for the language that you want in the market, you should be able to find something

OP
B

Basshawke

Reaction score
I wanted arabic, but it doesnt seem possible without rooting. I dont want a 4.3" paperweight, so i will stop here. *shrug*

ccomengee86

Reaction score
search the market. all you need is the keyboard.

Search for "Arabic Keyboard." I see at least 4 different keyboards on the market.
They're all free too.

OP
B

Basshawke

Reaction score
search the market. all you need is the keyboard.

Search for "Arabic Keyboard." I see at least 4 different keyboards on the market.
They're all free too.
yes, but when you download them all you get is squares in place of script as you type with the keyboard.