App Suggestion - Foreign Languages

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I would work on this myself, but I think it would be a good idea to see RESULTS instead of some poor code and no final product ;-)

I've read about this on multiple websites, it looks as though if you want to utilize a non-standard language on an android phone, you must root the phone, install a font for the language, find a keyboard that supports the language, blah blah blah.

That's not user friendly at all. I have a friend with a certain mobile Apple product that can type Hebrew on his device without issue, and he can't hack a thing.

I think there should be an app we can install that enables an Android phone to utilize foreign fonts as easily as English (could be specific fonts of our choosing). It doesn't have to come with a keyboard, but that would be a big help, too.

The big market of people aren't hackers and don't want to learn how to be. There should be something easy so everyone can have access to this.

Last edited:

Samstag

Reaction score
In my experience the support for foreign fonts and keyboard is much better than I expected. I can read and write in russian cyrillic and all I had to do was download a free keyboard to my unrooted phone.

Are you looking specifically for Hebrew, or is that just an example?

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Both? I'd like Hebrew. I have another friend with a Droid that wants Arabic. I could be wrong, but as far as I know there isn't an easy way to get these languages onto the phone.