Landscape Wallpaper Position Control?

allyouhave

Reaction score
I'm sort of tired of how my phone chooses to orient my wallpaper when in landscape mode. Is there a way that I can tell it what section to display instead of letting it auto-zoom to the dead center?

Often times I'd rather the anchor be at the top center, rather than middle center. :/

mac424

Reaction score
I'm sort of tired of how my phone chooses to orient my wallpaper when in landscape mode. Is there a way that I can tell it what section to display instead of letting it auto-zoom to the dead center?

Often times I'd rather the anchor be at the top center, rather than middle center. :/

So you want the wallpaper to stay centered on the screen in landscape?

OP
allyouhave

allyouhave

Reaction score
So you want the wallpaper to stay centered on the screen in landscape?
It depends on which wallpaper I have on my phone. For some wallpapers, the visually important stuff is at the top, some in the middle, and some near the bottom.

You know how it allows you to choose the crop for your contacts' photos? That's basically what I want to be able to do with my wallpapers--when my phone is in portrait, I just want it to display the whole wallpaper. When I turn it to landscape, I want it to display a pre-selected slice of that wallpaper, instead of just wherever the hell it wants to display.

mac424

Reaction score
Ok, I'm following ya. I dont think there is anything out there right now that does what you're asking. I do know that Launcher Pro will allow you to pin the wallpaper so that it doesnt scroll with the windows. I have mine pinned so that it doesnt move, but when I switch to landscape, it only displays the top portion of the wallpaper.

OP
allyouhave

allyouhave

Reaction score
Ok, I'm following ya. I dont think there is anything out there right now that does what you're asking. I do know that Launcher Pro will allow you to pin the wallpaper so that it doesnt scroll with the windows. I have mine pinned so that it doesnt move, but when I switch to landscape, it only displays the top portion of the wallpaper.
Yeah, I just switched from LauncherPro to Zeam (it's quite a bit more responsive--I didn't expect THAT much of an improvement, but it's great), and it also lets you pin your wallpaper.

Zeam displays the center of the wallpaper in landscape mode though, so I guess that gives us two options depending on the wallpaper... I wonder if any other launchers display the bottom of the wallpaper, giving us a sudo-fix to this? :p

Maybe I'll hang out in Freenode and XDA for a while until I can develop it for myself. :] Better yet, maybe I'll just shoot to develop a full theme?