Laggy

alboboy10

Reaction score
After the 2.1 update, the only things that happened are media changed to 3d...and my phone became laggier (when typing for example the letters) and the battery life became a LOT worse. I even took off some apps to increase memory so it performs better, but idk it's slow.

Or when I take pictures, they dont automatically go on my folder, I have to restart the phone for them to update.

Weird. Anybody else with this issue?

Diordna

Reaction score
No..?

Running BB 1.0 with a whopping speed of 1.1 GHZ (like the sig says) and it runs super fast and stable. There are also threads (quite a few) with people complaining about the battery life and how you can fix it.
I'd recommend rooting and slapping a custom ROM to make if go faster and not only that but of course it opens up a lot of possibilities.

(and if you are already rooted, I guess ignore me? lol)

itzkr0me

Reaction score
I noticed after I upgraded to 2.1 that the phone was much slower (previously on DM). After upgrading to BB1.0 and a 1.1gHz kernel, the phone was snappier.

Of course my best upgrade was selling it and getting the incredible. This phone performs much faster stock, than my droid EVER did OC'd.

dberthia

Reaction score
Are you using Live Wallpaper? I tried it at first, but it slowed down the phone so bad I had to go back to static wallpaper. While I wouldn't call the speed "fast" now, it's a definite improvement without the Live Wallpaper.

nooter99

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Phone has definitely gotten "laggier"! Actually, it pisses me off! It's laggy in virtually every aspect, texting, apps, browsing, zooming, etc. etc. 2.1 upgrade has hurt way more than it helped in my case!!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you haven't done a battery pull and/or reset since getting the 2.1 update I highly recommend it. Fixes many lags issues.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
What home screen app are you running? I'm currently running Helix Launcher on my non-rooted Droid and I've noticed that ever since I started running Helix Launcher my phone is more laggy. I like Helix too much to get rid of it though...

Diordna

Reaction score
I'm running Helix Launcher 2 and it's pretty much perfect speed. I want to try different ROMs but I just can't see how any other ROM would be this smooth and fast???
lol

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I am NOT rooted, I'm a little afraid to root it to be honest, I'm not that tech savy although I like playing around with phones, I'm scared I'm gonna destroy it and end up having to pay 500 for a new one! lol I freak out really easily.

And as nooter said, those are the things that are happening to me. For example, I have handcent sms and whenever I get more than one text, or I send a 3 message text or w.e. it LAGS. Typing has began to lag as well. Before it used to lag when I went online in forums, but now even on sms a little which is annoying to me.

I don't have helix or anything like that, it's whatever the phone came with, NO live wall paper. And the battery, wow it can drain by 40% in less than 4 hours with light usage. Sometimes it doesn't drain with heavy use, it's so weird. It's like the battery is pmsing.

Btw when I check my memory under settings, it says I have 47mb left, which is not a LOT but not a little either. I had 30mb left earlier so I deleted some stuff I thought that might cause the phone to run slower.

Do picture frames on the phone cause it run slower, or widgets...do they affect the battery etc?

I'm REALLY thinking about getting the Incredible, and I can use one of my family member's upgrades to get it for 200. But can I sell my droid for more than 200? I want to get the incredible and problems will be solved, battery sucks on it but I guess I'm gonna need to take the charger everywhere. lol

Diordna

Reaction score
I am NOT rooted, I'm a little afraid to root it to be honest, I'm not that tech savy although I like playing around with phones, I'm scared I'm gonna destroy it and end up having to pay 500 for a new one! lol I freak out really easily.

Believe me.. I'm not tech savvy at ALL. It's almost impossible to brick or ruin your phone.
How I did it? I just kind of read to understand something about it and I actually asked a crap load of questions lol

But even without that, the thing that helped me the most was that one of the users got me on Google Chat and helped me through it step by step in an IM :)
That was amazing, and I think you should try and get someone to help with that, maybe post a thread about it or something.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score

Believe me.. I'm not tech savvy at ALL. It's almost impossible to brick or ruin your phone.
How I did it? I just kind of read to understand something about it and I actually asked a crap load of questions lol

But even without that, the thing that helped me the most was that one of the users got me on Google Chat and helped me through it step by step in an IM :)
That was amazing, and I think you should try and get someone to help with that, maybe post a thread about it or something.

Yea I've been wanting to root it for a while now, but was busy with school. Now summer is here and have more time to play with the phone, but before I root it I need to learn how to backup everything everything.

And I dont wanna open a topic because I don't wanna be one of those annoying people that just opens topics without reading prior ones. I know people around the forum hate that.

Diordna

Reaction score
I was that annoying kid :)
But I got what I wanted lol
Just look up threads about rooting. Actually JUST rooting is VERY very easy and takes no time at all. The other stuff is just putting in ROMs, themes and kernelz lol

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Just look up threads about rooting. Actually JUST rooting is VERY very easy and takes no time at all. The other stuff is just putting in ROMs, themes and kernelz lol

I don't wanna JUST root, what's the point of JUST rooting without the good stuff? I wanna learn how to do the rest too. What are roms exactly, and kernelz? What do they do, are they easy to put?

Diordna

Reaction score

I don't wanna JUST root, what's the point of JUST rooting without the good stuff? I wanna learn how to do the rest too. What are roms exactly, and kernelz? What do they do, are they easy to put?

What's good about JUST rooting is that your phone is rooted lol
You can have Wifi Tethering on it and still overclock it!

Putting cool ROMs and themes and stuff on are nice extra, but wouldn't ever hurt to just simply root first then go on from there.

There is a ROM section on this forum, developers just like me and you create them and people put that on their phones. It's not to hard to do, just follow instructions.
If you have AIM I can try to read through it again and then I'll go over it with you and help you root if you want.

Oh and I have a 1.1 GHZ kernel that lets my phone run at well, 1.1 GHZ's which is twice as fast and smooth as ours right now, yours is running at 550 MHZ's.

I was in your position only 2 weeks ago so it's still fresh on how I was like when in your shoes lol

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score

What's good about JUST rooting is that your phone is rooted lol
You can have Wifi Tethering on it and still overclock it!

Putting cool ROMs and themes and stuff on are nice extra, but wouldn't ever hurt to just simply root first then go on from there.

There is a ROM section on this forum, developers just like me and you create them and people put that on their phones. It's not to hard to do, just follow instructions.
If you have AIM I can try to read through it again and then I'll go over it with you and help you root if you want.

Oh and I have a 1.1 GHZ kernel that lets my phone run at well, 1.1 GHZ's which is twice as fast and smooth as ours right now, yours is running at 550 MHZ's.

I was in your position only 2 weeks ago so it's still fresh on how I was like when in your shoes lol

No I don't wanna JUST root my phone, I want to change the processor speed along with it as well and make it quicker. (Does running at 1.1 GHZ cause any problems whatsoever to the phone? If it's normally running at 550 mhz, and doubling the speed it can't be normal lol)

I keep reading something about bugless beast, I'm guessing that's a rom?

I'm gonna try and do this maybe today, tomorrow or whenever soon.

I'm gonna private message you right now and give you my aim screen name. Ill go on later on tonight, I'm stepping out soon though.

BTW, is there anyway that I can back up the phone JUST in case something goes wrong? And when I do root it, is everything saved on it still?