Lack of "snappiness" navigating through menus...

fishepa

Reaction score
Hello all, I just got my Droid a couple of days ago after having an iphone for about 9 months. Is the lack of "snappiness" going to be fixed in the next update? I was used to having smooth transitions moving from app to app and moving screens but it doesn't seem to be that way with the Droid. It certainly has enough processor power it would seem but I just don't understand why it does this.

suzukimethod

Reaction score
try checking out the "Spare Parts" application (on the market) and either turn up the speed of the animations (makes it seem a little quicker) - or turn them off altogether (like I did) - which makes things seem quite a bit faster.

/b

suzukimethod

Reaction score
the scaling up to full screen when you hit an application, or the scrolling between screens. That Spare Parts application lets you speed them up or turn them off (or slow them down). I had to slow them waaaay down to see what they actually were, but when they are set to "off" it made the phone navigation seem a bit snappier.

suzukimethod

Reaction score
Dunno about that - seems, well, improbable.

But I have no reason to uninstall it, I like it....my main reason for installing was you can use it to track "partial wake usage" in applications, and find rogue apps that suck down power even when they are not running....also, it does a nice job of tracking battery usage.

(note: I'm not associated w/ them, and found the app via a referral on this forum)