lack of a good free rss reader for android?i

velocity92c

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there no good free rss readers for android? NewsRoom is amazing but I don't currently have a debit card to buy it. I was only able to try it by downloading it from aptoide. I love android apps so I never keep them for longer than 24 hours as I wouldn't feel right ripping off the developer. I still try a lot of paid apps from aptoide but always uninstall them after 24 hours. Is there anything even close to being as good as newsroom that's free? Newsrob and the mobile google reader just don't compare. Id gladly shell out 5 bucks for newsroom if I could. if you like rss feeds I would highly recommend it. Until I get my new bank acct though I need to find a free alternative as my self imposed 24 hrs are up.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you mean RSS widgets? Seems like there are some decent readers out there, but none have good widgets.

I use RSS widget, or something like that. It has a large widget that shows 4 headlines. Unfortunately, it is limited to one feed and only refreshes every 4-6 hours (and the refresh button doesn't work).

I have to believe a truly decent widget will come out at some point. I'd like a full screen widget that auto-refreshes every 1-3 hours that can incorporate multiple feeds.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
Nah, I subscribe to way too many feeds to worry about a widget. I probably read about 500 articles per day from RSS feeds. I just mean a good reader app. Iphone has an insane amount of great apps for rss feeds. Thus far this is the only thing I miss from my iphone.