L@@K AND LAUGH! This idiot in need of some serious help!!! ROOTED & NO INTERNET NOW!!

Tloc107

Reaction score
I should of never messed with this and now wishing I wouldnt have tried this.

I have a Droid Bionic that I just rooted with Petes method. That was easy and worked fine. Then I backed all up using the trial Titanium back up method. All seemed fine. Then I read and researched online which apps to remove and which ones not to. However I acidentally hit a ap and uninstalled it. Wasnt watching close I guess. The app that was unistalled was the settings app which controls your wifi and bluetooth on and off switch and all those other settings.

Now my internet wont work. I can't go online or check email etc. The status bar that normally says 3 or 4g lte is gone!!!

I tried to restore the settings ap in titanium back up and it acted like it was doing it but just ran forever and did nothing. I tried to restore app and data first and nothing and then tried just app and same results. I even tried to unroot my phone so I could bring it to verizon but that wouldnt work. It said my device wasn't recognized even though it recognized it to root it.

I am at a loss and have no idea what to do or try from here now. I really can't stand not having it working and really hope it is a quick and easy fix because I need the phone daily, many times a day etc. So it is driving me nuts!!!! Thanks soooooo much for any input without name calling. Lol

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Do you know if I will loose all my saved info like contacts, emails, notes and pictures etc? Will it change all my settings like I am starting all over again? Thanks

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Sounds good. Will it still show up in my posts or threads? I am new to all this. Thank you.

thunder550

Reaction score
Do you know if I will loose all my saved info like contacts, emails, notes and pictures etc? Will it change all my settings like I am starting all over again? Thanks

Looks to me like it's a factory reload. Will be like your phone came brand new from Motorola, with the addition of being able to root during the restore process.

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
So I will loose all my setting and info and will be like starting over like my first day when I got the phone then huh? So what would be my next step then from here?

illmatic636

Reaction score
A program called APN backup can prove to be very helpful in this situation. Only you have to back up your APN while you have full service. Next time you plan to flash a Rom, Make a back up of your APN. The app is free in the market.

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
I backed up using titanium backup but it wont retore the app which I don't understand etc. Also I just tried this link above the oneclickfastboot. I can't get my phone to do anything when I hold volume key down and hit power! It doesnt do anything but want to turn off phone or screen. So I am not sure what to do now. All these attempts wear me down and am getting frustrated.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to power down and then hold volume down and power, it'll bring you into fast boot mode

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jayman350

Reaction score
like tp76 said, you have to do the fast boot mode when the phone is off. Once you have restored everything and go through the root process, you can then restore anything that you had backed up previously apps, texts, etc. Your contacts should all be linked to your gmail account so they should show up once the phone has finished syncing.

I did the restore yesterday b/c something screwed up when i was attempting to restore a backup after flashing something that I didn't want to keep. It takes a while to finish everything but it worked perfectly

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
Ok so I did the fastboot and re rooted phone when done. This time I downloaded the paid app titanium pro and root explorer. I am figuring out the titanium pro but the root explorer I am still not sure what to do with that so I am reading a lot and trying to learn. I am not a real technical computer guy so this stuff is greek to me for the most part etc. Taking time this round and reading more and tripple checking all. Thanks for all your help and advice because you got me up and running again and hoping I am closer to enjoying the Bionic to the fullest etc. Thanks again