KT's Spider Android Concept

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;NcHgSY3xYLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NcHgSY3xYLo[/video]

The Motorola Atrix has some competition now and the Korean company, KT, is at the head of this new device. The Atrix 4G was one incredible device when announced at CES last year, but it seems IFA brought a new more innovative device. The devices are called the KT Spider and is essentially one phone with 3 different accessories. Starting with the phone; it has 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor. The phone comes with a 4.5-inch screen with an amazing 1280 x 800 resolution. At only 9.34mm thick, this is certainly not going to weigh you down.

The laptop dock adds a QWERTY keyboard, extended battery and an alternative UI. The phone, in this instance, is used as the touch-pad. The Spider PAD tablet shell upgrades your device to 10.1-inches while adding some slate-friendly tweaks. Lastly, the gaming dock, adds a D-pad and some buttons. It connects to the Spider via Bluetooth.

A Launch date of November or December is what we are expecting at this point, but there is no official word on that just yet.

Via: Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

DamirD1984

Reaction score
I love the tablet dock version the best... laptop, meh, maybe if I was doing a lot of writing. The gaming pad dock, thats awesome too...

Just wished that more phone manufacturers would pursue those nice accessories options, like the tablet dock :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
OMG...This is nice..

Some of things some of yall were wishing for as far as dock are showing up, and some things we probably didnt think of. The gaming dock....sickness....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Forget what I said about 4.5" phones. I would import this just for the docks.

Apple and every Android tablet maker wants this video destroyed...lol. But....Moto should be coming up with a tablet dock real soon. And someone said it right on Engadget: the Atrix shoulda been able to dock like this for the laptop dock. All the Motorola Android phones that can do the laptop dock should do it like this.

I see why some companies are acting the way they are....this is some amazing stuff. The future is here folks. I so hope this sees the light of day in the US.

google123

Reaction score
Those bastards stole my laptop dock idea!!! I posted a sketchup drawing on phandroid back when the atrix was first announced showing how I would have designed the laptop dock with the phone sliding into a cutout in the palm rest area and becoming the touchpad. :icon_evil:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is pretty freaking cool. That's the way a laptop dock should be and the tablet dock is equally cool. I could care less about the gaming dock, but it's very innovative. Hopefully this will push other manufacturers in this direction. Very nice.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
So if your phone dies, all your stuff dies. Also, the price of those addons tend to be very expensive. its almost cheaper to get individual ones anyways.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
But to have all of your stuff in one place is pretty cool - no syncing between devices. Could also be a very bad thing if you lose your phone...

I'd love a phone that turned in to a 10.1" tablet, then the touchpad of a laptop, instantly. This is definitely the way higher end phones SHOULD start heading towards.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Those bastards stole my laptop dock idea!!! I posted a sketchup drawing on phandroid back when the atrix was first announced showing how I would have designed the laptop dock with the phone sliding into a cutout in the palm rest area and becoming the touchpad. :icon_evil:

Too bad you didn't get it copyrighted. Welcome to the internet, where your ideas are shared with the world and someone comes and takes credit for it. Lol

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So if your phone dies, all your stuff dies. Also, the price of those addons tend to be very expensive. its almost cheaper to get individual ones anyways.

The article says the laptop dock adds an extended battery.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

azules9780

Reaction score
Pretty awesome. I really think my next contract is going to be a 1 year contract because there is all kinds of awesomeness coming this way. Even if this particular manufacturer does not, others will.