Known audio / call quality bulletin????

bandit350

Reaction score
on my 3rd droid incredible. they told me this morning there is a bulletin regarding audio / call quality. when i am on a call the other person starts to break up and then cuts out completely. apparently they can hear me but not vice versa, leading me to think that the call was dropped. happens at home, in the car, around town, on the road, etc. happens when on wired headset or w/ the phone up to my head.

anyone else having this issue? HOW CAN I GET VERIZON TO GIVE ME A DROID 2 OR X INSTEAD???? they said there will eventually be a software update but had no timeframe available. offered to keep sending me new phones. WTF!

madridmamacita

Reaction score
Poor voice quality

The HTC Incredible is first and foremost, for me, a mobile phone and in that regard, a dissappointment. My HTC Droid Incredible by Verizon has very poor voice quality. About 75% of the calls, both incoming and outgoing have some issue: echo, lost words, and delay. I took the phone back to Verizon. The rep made some "changes" to the internal setttings and offered to exchange the phone if after a few days I was still experiencing the same problems. I have been a cell phone user for over 20 years and I can't remember the last time voice quality was an issue. This particular model, while wonderful in many ways, is a step backwards if you just want to make a phone call. Judging from other posts on various sites where others have observed the same issue, I am not confident that exchanging this phone for another will make any difference.

tigerdango

Reaction score
I have only placed a few calls but had fine quality. Perhaps its the location you are in while talking...? I happen to know signal drops in buildings... ¦

Reaction score
I've experienced similar issues, although mine have been specifically with small bursts of break up, then the call will clear up. Happens every so often, it's not something that happens on every single call, and I never have anyone else say that they can't hear me, me having to ask them to repeat themselves when it happens. That said, I have not dropped a single call since I got this phone, just had the intermittent call quality issues, which I also experienced with the iPhone when I had it on AT&T or T-Mobile. If you're issues are constant, I would agree it's probably the handset, not the network... then again just about EVERYTHING is a factor when it comes to signal and call quality. Handset, location of you, location of the tower, the weather, surrounding topography, buildings (especially what they're built with)... the list is endless...

Are you experiencing these issues regardless of your location? Try duplicating the problem in multiple locations and around different towers... this may point you in the right direction. Also, if you know someone with the handsets that you're thinking of switching to, get them to place calls in similar locations to see if they experience the same problems, that will tell you definitively whether or not you're experiencing a handset issue or a network issue. Hope this helps.

If you haven't tried a new handset yet and the Rep has already offered it to you, take it. What do you have to lose? At the least it will further indicate where the problem lies.

Reaction score
bandit350,

I'd also like to add this... it's not entirely impossible that you got a hold of some phones that came through a production batch that was, let's say, less than spectacular.

Phones are (or are supposed to be) sold in rotation, just like milk. #1 it keeps inventory neat and orderly, #2 the provider will have more accurate data when having to pinpoint problems with an ESN/MEID that was sold on date "x" because they'll know which order or batch it came from. When you sell phones by just whichever box you pick up, you may be selling one phone that had a small software update that the one from the previous month of production didn't. (And trust me the customer will be the last to know whether or not they got one of those. Usually it's not even the Sales Rep who knows, it's the person in charge of purchasing for the company, and that's if the vendor "feels" it's important enough to notify their buyers.)

I know this because I sell phones for a living, and trust me I've heard every manufacturer excuse in the book. That's when they just want you to take advantage of your warranty, instead of really fixing the problem with the handset. They figure the next one you get won't act the same way... well if you get another one from the same batch, guess what? 'Nuff said...

tigerdango

Reaction score
Well I just talked to my dad today with my phone.I tried talking to him on the earpiece and over the speakerphone. Both me and my girlfriend spoke to him over the speakerphone. The quality was so good that we could both understand him and he could understand us both over the speakerphone as I held it between us. If you're having audio quality issues with the INC during calls it's definitely not something that's normally supposed to happen.