Klipsch Image S4i earphones with mic

dean.collins

Reaction score
I

iraparks

I've had the Shure SE210 earphones for 3 years and would highly recommend all Shure products. Expensive but you can get a bargain on one of those auction sites.

OP
D

dean.collins

Reaction score
I've had the Shure SE210 earphones for 3 years and would highly recommend all Shure products. Expensive but you can get a bargain on one of those auction sites.

Yeh but aren't they just earphones and dont include an inline mic?

I'm looking for a headset with inline mic (and if possible audio/track/answer-hangup functionality).

netboy47

Reaction score
Even though the Verizon Wireless website and Bose's own website say they are not compatible, the Bose headphones work on the Droid. They're not cheap, but they work great.

Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset - Bose Headsets and Headphones

So you are personally confirming both the inline mic and answer/drop calls button works on the Motorola Droid?

Here is what I am personally confirming:

The inline mic works as well as the button to answer calls. However, when on a call, hitting the button does not end the call but instead mutes the microphone.

While listening to music, hitting the button pauses the music. If a call comes in while listening to music, hitting the button pauses the music and answers the call. When you hang up (using the onscreen button), the music starts back up where it was paused.

Hope this helps.

mindping

Reaction score
Damn. Is there no headphone out there that can be used to skip songs or raise volume on the Droid?

itwasi

Reaction score
I have a droid and bought those exact headphones from Amazon and they do not work with the Droid.

itwasi

Reaction score
The music and phone buttons did not work for me. I could pause music but not skip tracks/adjust volume or use the mic. If others could that would be interesting because the headphones were comfortable and the sound was pretty good.

RosarioM

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Motorola hasn't released headphones with additional controls. Volume, end call, mute and stop music are critical. Actually, the best thing would be headphones with several buttons and an app where we could assign actions to each of the buttons. This is critical if you use a different media player that the Music app.

gbtimber

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents: Not sure why no one has mentioned using bluetooth headsets. I have Motorola S9-HD and Plantronics Pulsar P-590 (very comfortable) Bluetooth Stereo Headsets. Both sound great and both have full control of next, back, pause, volume and phone answer with my music and with the exception of the "back" control also work with Pandora on my Droid. I also have a set of Westone UM2 earphones for when I want total isolation from outside noise(of course the westone's have no controls or mic). In many situations I actually get more bass and better sound from the bluetooth headsets than the higher-end westone's.

valnar

Reaction score
I was just going to post a thread about this. The Klipsch Image S4i ear buds were at the top of my list because of the reviews. So if they don't work, can anyone else recommend a good ~ $100 brand of earphones with microphone that work?

lazlonger

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents: Not sure why no one has mentioned using bluetooth headsets. I have Motorola S9-HD and Plantronics Pulsar P-590 (very comfortable) Bluetooth Stereo Headsets. Both sound great and both have full control of next, back, pause, volume and phone answer with my music and with the exception of the "back" control also work with Pandora on my Droid. I also have a set of Westone UM2 earphones for when I want total isolation from outside noise(of course the westone's have no controls or mic). In many situations I actually get more bass and better sound from the bluetooth headsets than the higher-end westone's.
Well I want a wired one to avoid radiation blasting the side of my head every ten minutes. Bluetooth is apparently worse in that regard than the phones themselves. pongresearch.com for valuable info....