KinScreen Eliminates Annoying Screen Timeout!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

In Android you can go into settings and change your screen's timeout. I normally keep mine set to 30 seconds which means if I lay my phone down without putting the screen to sleep it will time out in just 30 seconds saving precious battery life. This becomes an issue when trying to read if you don't touch your screen for 30 seconds the screen turns off, you have to wake your device, sometimes you have to reenter your lock pin. That can get old quick. Samsung attempted to fix this with smart stay in some of their devices. The screen stays on as long as you are looking at it. I have not seen a feature like this in any other devices.

KinScreen seeks to solve this problem. KinScreen senses motion, proximity, and tilt angle to keep your phone's screen on while it is in use. If KinScreen senses that your phone is not in use it turns off the screen saving battery power. You can customize the app to work how you need it to work. Head to the link below for the download.

via XDA

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I always set my screen timeout to the highest possible setting. I'm religious about turning my screen off when I set my phone down or return it to my pocket. I even turn other people's screens off when they're sitting on a table not being used.

Seems to me like there's a trade-off with apps like this. If this app is constantly monitoring sensors, it's going to use some of that precious battery life itself.

I'd much rather use my method of just making sure to tap the power button as I put my phone away and leaving the time out setting as high as I can. I don't run into the issue of the screen shutting off while I'm trying to read something and still save battery.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Samsung attempted to fix this with smart stay in some of their devices. The screen stays on as long as you are looking at it. I have not seen a feature like this in any other devices.

Motorola:
androidpit-moto-x-2014-05-w782.jpg

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using this app for a few years
KeepScreen (now free) - Android Apps on Google Play
Tapatalk and my browser are all I have it set up to work on, everything else the short (15 seconds I think) time I've got set for screen off still is in effect. It's good for reading longer articles and stuff when I don't have the s pen out (hover near top or bottom of screen to make it scroll and reset screen sleep timer) to scroll up and down without touching the screen to keep it awake.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Love this app. Been using for quite some time now.