Kindle for Droid???

lauriep

Reaction score
I have an iPod Touch that I formerly used for music, and still use for my Audible books. iTunes App Store has come out with a Kindle book reader app that I saw recommended on another BB. It is free. So, I downloaded it onto my Touch, bought a book from Amazon and was very pleasantly surprised how 1) easy it all was and 2) how nice it is to read, even on the small screen.

Please, Amazon, put out a Droid version!!! Soon!

OP
L

lauriep

Reaction score
I'm aware of that. And I have. I was posting about a really neat app that people would enjoy having on the Droid. Sorry to trouble you...

coolkidd

Reaction score
I actually use Aldiko (search the market).... all of my books are in .epub format so that I can load them on my iPod Touch 3G using Stanza.

When you buy something in Amazon, does it asked you which format to download? If it supports .epub download... then Aldiko is the app for you.

OP
L

lauriep

Reaction score
After I downloaded Kindle, I went to Amazon and searched for the book I wanted. It offered the Kindle version, so I didn't even look any further, just clicked on that. I'll go back and look to see if it offers .epub.

Nope, Kindle is the only ebook. Audible, audio CD and HC/PB.

Last edited:

bernilynn

Reaction score
After I downloaded Kindle, I went to Amazon and searched for the book I wanted. It offered the Kindle version, so I didn't even look any further, just clicked on that. I'll go back and look to see if it offers .epub.

Nope, Kindle is the only ebook. Audible, audio CD and HC/PB.
I, too, would like to use the Kindle books I own on my Droid- however, before I bought my Kindle I used eReader on my various Palms. The company has just released a free eReader version for Droid, so all my .pdb books are now available.

NVash

Reaction score
I would much prefer Stanza truthfully, but either would be good. Just something that reads more than PDF and EPUB.

ldimick

Reaction score
I use EREADER.COM right now since they are the only commercial site with a Droid version of the reader. Since they are now owned by Barnes and Noble I would expect to see continued support. I have been a customer of theirs through Palms, Windows Mobile, iPhone, etc. Their prices have dropped substantially with the pressure from Kindle.

I prefer Kindle simply because they have more reading options.

I really liked the Kindle app on my iPhone best. But until we get a Kindle version for the Droid I guess I will keep using EREADER.COM

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I agree with "LaurieP". I really like the Kindle on the iPod Touch and will have to carry it with me until we get the Kindle app for the Droid.

USFedPro

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Kindle app to be released for the Droid so I can then read a book on one and have it synchronized so that I can continue reading it on the other device. Right now I'm reading a book on my Droid while on the road and then reading a different hardcover book at home. I will be nice to read one at a time without having to manually synchronize them.