Droid X NOT downloading Kindle ebooks from Amazon store!

Kaholeenah

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Droid X and I love the Kindle app. In the last few months I've downloaded and read a few books from the Amazon store. Lately when I've tried to download more books (the free classics), the books are NOT showing up on the Kindle home screen, nor are they showing up in the archives. I keep syncing and the books STILL don't show up. While ordering from the Kindle store, all the options look correct (Amazon says it's sending the book to my device, etc.) I've deregistered and reregistered my device already. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app updates, all to no avail. Please help - reading books on my phone is my FAVORITE feature - if I lose that I'll be sad :(

Thank you :)

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I don't have the answer for you regarding Kindle. Until you find a solution, the Aldiko reader (free in the market) will allow you to read all of the free books in ePub format.

jedwardsalt

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Droid X and I love the Kindle app. In the last few months I've downloaded and read a few books from the Amazon store. Lately when I've tried to download more books (the free classics), the books are NOT showing up on the Kindle home screen, nor are they showing up in the archives. I keep syncing and the books STILL don't show up. While ordering from the Kindle store, all the options look correct (Amazon says it's sending the book to my device, etc.) I've deregistered and reregistered my device already. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app updates, all to no avail. Please help - reading books on my phone is my FAVORITE feature - if I lose that I'll be sad :(

Had the same problem until I updated the operating system on the DroidX. My purchased Amazon ebooks were not showing up. I downloaded update from Verizon (V2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US) and then went back to Amazon site and asked it to download previously purchased book to my DroidX. I now have books on my DroidX.

IowaCougar

Reaction score
Same problem

I have the same problem, and I've got a newer version of the operating systme than that listed below. Any ideas?

Hello,

Had the same problem until I updated the operating system on the DroidX. My purchased Amazon ebooks were not showing up. I downloaded update from Verizon (V2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US) and then went back to Amazon site and asked it to download previously purchased book to my DroidX. I now have books on my DroidX.

IowaCougar

Reaction score
Fixed - I think

I just went into the marketplace and updated my Amazon Kindle app, and now the books are showing up that I downloaded earlier.:)