Reading ePub books with Android Kindle App

tree12324

Reaction score
I just used Calibre to convert the pdf to mobi, to read on my Droid on the kindle app, worked great. You can also attach any cover from a jpg file on your computer, and convert from and to a ton of different formats. If you are loooking into this I would definitely check it out: calibre - E-book management

REMilk

Reaction score
My library subscribes to 'OverDrive' for the lending of ebooks. There is an associated app "OverDrive Media Center" that provides the ability for you to read library-lended ebooks or listen to audio books on your Android device. The ebook reader is adequate. You can checkout and download ebooks, put on a "wish list", and put "on hold." When a book you have put on hold becomes available, an email is sent so you can checkout the book. OverDrive supports the ePub format. For DRM control of the ePub books, you need an Adobe Digital Design ID; this can be obtained through OverDrive the first time you checkout a book or directly from Adobe.

Recently, Amazon Kindle began collaboration with OverDrive, and for many libraries, and more are being added, lending books for reading on the Kindle are becoming available. My library system (Henrico (VA) County Public Library) received the Kindle functionality about a week ago. In my opinion, the Kindle app provides a better reading experience than the OverDrive app.

You do NOT have a choice of readers when you checkout/download library books via OverDrive; Kindle-controlled books are read using the Kindle app, while OverDrive-controlled books are read using OverDrive Media Center.

For more information on OverDrive you can check out your local library web site and also check OverDrive – Global distributor of digital eBooks, audiobooks, music & video for library, school & retail.

BTW: The Nook ereader app support the epub format. You move the epub into the folder Nook/My Documents.

Disclaimer: I am an avid reader. I do not work for OverDrive, Amazon, Adobe, library system, or any publishing house, electronic or print.

Enjoy,
Bob

Conner7751

Reaction score
Here is a free ebook tool for you.

You can easily convert your ebook from epub to pdf,epub to mobi, epub to kindle, etc.

Free Online Converter / EPUB Converter

epub to kindle

It provides you with the best mobi to epub converting experience.

Conner7751

Reaction score
Here is a free ebook tool for you.

You can easily convert your ebook from epub to pdf,epub to mobi, epub to kindle, etc.

Free Online Converter / EPUB Converter

epub to kindle

It provides you with the best mobi to epub converting experience.:biggrin: