Kindle for Droid X

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I have couple books on my computer and I wanted to read them on the kindle app on my phone. Is there a way to do that? I have them on my memory card no but I can't seem to open it up on the app.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In the app log in to the same email account as you pc, then go to archived items...or something like that.

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Oh....missunderstood. I'm not sure how to do what you're asking.

Sent from somewhere...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kindle works only on books that you purchase from Amazon for Kindle. When you purchase a Kindle book you can read it from your pc, your Droid, your Android Tablet or iPad.

Its nice because no matter what device you use to read it so long as it has the Kindle app it will open to the last page you read. Very sweet.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The Kindle app will not read pdf files, at least not in my tests. Most of the ebook readers won't, probably because you can't free flow text from a pdf file. Yes, I know the Kindle itself will read pdf files. The app is less able.

But despair not.

Go to the market and get one of the many PDF readers available. It is awkward reading this way, since you usually can't size the page and text independently. But it will work.

The other options is to get Calibre and convert the book to epub. The formatting will probably be skewed, but you'll be able to find many popular ereaders that will handle that format. The Market is stuffed with them.

While the Kindle app will read .prc or .mobi files besides it's native .azw files, those of us who have experimented have had mixed results. Better to stick to epub for your non-Kindle titles. It's just more portable.

fuzzym

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Aldiko can do pdf files. Try getting that from the Market, it's free.

crzydjm

Reaction score
Any idea if you can purchase titles from Amazon Kindle and then format/view them on Aldiko?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Any idea if you can purchase titles from Amazon Kindle and then format/view them on Aldiko?

For the paid content, definitely not. Amazon's proprietary DRM format an does not license to any other reader. I'm not sure if the public domain titles use the DRM or not. But since you can get those titles from multiple sources on the internet it's not really worth trying to move or convert them.

BTW, Aldiko 2.0 just came out and it can read pdf. I tried a couple files. It is doable, but like all pdf readers all you can do is zoom in and out of the page. This makes reading them awkward on a phone's screen.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Im using aldik. I got a converter for my pdf to make a .epub file. That way it was easier to read.

tapping and talking on the go.

BlueSami

Reaction score
Kindle works only on books that you purchase from Amazon for Kindle. When you purchase a Kindle book you can read it from your pc, your Droid, your Android Tablet or iPad.

Its nice because no matter what device you use to read it so long as it has the Kindle app it will open to the last page you read. Very sweet.

As long as You put the mobi file in the kindle folder it will read it!!!

Sent from my Droid