killing your Razr because charging it while using a protective case?

lordmdp

Reaction score
read somewhere that charging your droid while its in a protective case(like a otterbox) can heat up the battery while plugged in and damage the battery and or phone

any truth to that?

am I being paranoid that i take my case off everytime I plug it in the wall or car?

sTl2yk3l2

Reaction score
I had an otterbox defender on my x for a year straight. Never took it off. I currently have a trident Cyclops on it. my battery is fine. I think your being paranoid. maybe if you charge it in an oven there could be a problem, but your good dude. I wouldn't worry. I have never heard anyone say there battery got to hot and fried it cause they charge it in there case. everyone i know had a case on there phone and charge with it on. Most people don't even take there case off for months at a time. I know i kept mine on for almost a year. Except when i was doing battery pulls from messing up with some roms.

«=(.stryker.originals.miui)=»

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Had a silicone case and otterbox in my razr, charged all night before in both, I have had no problems at all, original phone I bought to, so you are good to go man

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
L

lordmdp

Reaction score
I guess the main reason I was worried is my original droid would overheat on a hot day in my pocket and it would freeze--couldnt slide the screen open or anything

trying to remember where I read that about the razr--

nikecar

Reaction score
In my otterbox, the phone gets hot if I watch videos or play games or do something that keeps the display on for a while.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.