Keyboard :(

2001400ex

Reaction score
I came from an OG Droid where the keyboard in portrait mode, you turn off the auto correct (so corrections come up, but when you hit space bar, what you typed goes, not the autocorrect). Then when you do tap the word you want instead of space bar, it automatically put a space in there. This darn thing won't do that, so I get like 4 words together without spaces before I realize it.

I have changed all the settings in the keyboard settings area. What am I missing?

Thoughts anyone?

OP

2001400ex

Reaction score
smart keyboard pro

Yeah was hoping to stay with the stock keyboard. What are the advantages of this for $3? Not that I care about the money, but don't want to download then go back to stock.

Netnurse

Reaction score
SwiftKey is the ONLY keyboard I will use. The text prediction is awesome (very much along the same line as a Blackberry) and it can be customized to your hearts content.

OP

2001400ex

Reaction score
SwiftKey is the ONLY keyboard I will use. The text prediction is awesome (very much along the same line as a Blackberry) and it can be customized to your hearts content.

Ya have heard about swiftkey, will look at it.

I installed swype :D

I heard swype was crashingon demo phones. How does it work on the final product?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

If its the only keyboard you use how can you know its the best option.

I have thoroughly used most, the swipe gestures, better keyboard skin compatibility, and the ability to calibrate keeps me on smart keyboard pro.

The froyo keyboard isn't terrible for basic needs...at least it has swipe for numbers unlike gingerbread.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

Ya have heard about swiftkey, will look at it.

I installed swype :D

I heard swype was crashingon demo phones. How does it work on the final product?

May resolve force closures also.

Problem: Swype does not have an emoticon button nor does it automatically insert spaces in the messaging app.

Solution: With Swype keyboard open, long press and select input method. Select other keyboard, same steps and select Swype keyboard again. Had this same glitch on my EVO. Keyboard should work until next reboot.... Credit Imex99.

UNC

Reaction score
I just use the Vlingo keyboard. The stocker kb is weak.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Netnurse

Reaction score

If its the only keyboard you use how can you know its the best option.

I have thoroughly used most, the swipe gestures, better keyboard skin compatibility, and the ability to calibrate keeps me on smart keyboard pro.

The froyo keyboard isn't terrible for basic needs...at least it has swipe for numbers unlike gingerbread.

I've tried many others but SwiftKey is by far the best I can find. I have used Smart Keyboard Pro as well. In fact it automatically installed when I switched devices. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. SwiftKey fits me well and it's working perfectly on my new Thunderbolt. Look Ma, not one misspelled word and it didn't take 5 tries to get there!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
The problem I'm having with the Thunderbolt Keyboard is the multi-touch. I type 180+wpm on a keyboard, and I'm pretty fast on the phone. The Droid 1 couldn't keep up, but now the Thunderbolt is thinking I'm hitting two keys at once and won't process one of them. Blah! :p

aka_rob

Reaction score
I used Better Keyboard on my Droid 1 most of the time I had it.. It was the first app I downloaded for the TB on Thursday, the htc keyboard is horrible compared to better keyboard. Check it out and the "oil slick" skin looks pretty awesome on the TB.

BSG4893

Reaction score
My swype has been working perfectly fine and I love it makes texting so much faster...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really dislike the onscreen keyboards... Their is just something about it trying to predict what im saying that makes me mad. When i have it on the words are always wrong and i cant seem to type but look at the predictions which is way slow. When its off i just get frustrated and popout the keyboard. I can honestly say this is why i love my D1....Dx would kill my social life just for the fact of me not being able to use an onscreen keyboard. :D

OP

2001400ex

Reaction score
I finally gave in and got smart keyboard. I like it so far. Though I do like the arrow keys from the htc keyboard. That possible?