keyboard sticking

islander90

Reaction score
anyone have the issue where the physical keyboard seems to stick with the spacebar or the backspace keys? it's not VISUALLY sticking, but after some testing, it seems like if I hit the spacebar in the right place or at the right time or something, it "sticks" and it starts typing a bunch of spaces until i touch another button. Not a huge deal if you're a fast typer, but there have been a few times where i'll finish a sentence, hit the period, then space, and stop to think and look down and there are 100 spaces in a row. I've also noticed it with the backspace key. Haven't tested it with any other keys either. Not sure if it's hardware or software glitch. Anyone else having this??

ziggbear

Reaction score
I get that also, I also sometimes get the funny symbol list on my screen when im typing.... im waiting for an update or somethin and maybe that will fix it... don't know what to do about that tho....

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

kazuaki

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had this with a few different keys. What often happens to me is the spacebar will do 2 or more spaces, thus starting a new sentence. Glad to hear it's not just me :)

thyrox

Reaction score
I'm experiencing exactly the same above issues and it's driving me nuts. I'm a long time Handcent user but I've been comparing both it and GoSMS. I decided to uninstall both thinking they were causing the problem because I only experience it while texting. But the problem still remains. :icon_evil:

verocu

Reaction score
Hi, there. Not sure if you're experiencing the same problems, but the following helped me with my Motorola Droid X: SETTINGS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS>ALL TAB>MULTI-TOUCH KEYBOARD>CLEAR DATA. It should operate much smoother after that. ;)

jcamel695

Reaction score
That's what Verizon told me to do... it worked for about half an hour. They are sending me a replacement.