Keyboard slide out problem

B

brandan003

i have took my phone out with me while i was working and dust kinda got around and in phone. the screen doesnt slide out nicely anymore.
anyone have any ideas?
maybe throw some oil in it or something?

OP
B

brandan003

i wanna just put a little oil or grease on back of screen and slide it closed so oil will get around

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you taken off the plastic piece behind your screen already? Also, i've used canned air on my phone to get some dust out, works great.

DuckyDroid

Reaction score
Mine is having the opposite problem: It slides out waaaay too easily. All I have to do is grip the phone in my hand and the keyboard starts to slide out... it also does it while I'm trying to take pictures, or even just pulling it out of a case or my pocket, picking it up off the counter, etc..

Someone mentioned the sticker on the back side of the display (the area that is exposed when the keyboard is out), but I don't have a sticker there. I'm thinking the person who sold me the phone at the Verizon store must have removed it when she pulled off all of the other protective stickers. Is there any fix for this, other than buying one of those third party vinyl stickers I've seen advertised around? Do you think Verizon would consider an exchange? (I've also had the random reboot issue, so maybe the two problems combined would be enough of a reason)

Peaking

Reaction score
My keyboard was perfect until this morning. It is now tough to slide both directions. I havent dropped it or gotten it dirty. What do you think the problem could be? How should I go about fixing it?