Keyboard problems

loopyloops

Reaction score
Happy New Year!

So, all of a sudden, I can't type certain letters on my keyboard (y and 6 for instance - 6, which is where the y is). I seem to be able to when I hold it in horizontal position. Any idea what's up? Thanks!!

OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
U and k and l, too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Seems it's a hardware issue - new one on the way.....

Last edited:

edgarvanaces

Reaction score
Whenever I am typing a text, one of the keys on the keyboard stays pressed and is just frozen on the screen. I have no idea what I should do.

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Try a battery pull.

Also, sometimes water on the screen can cause that effect, make sure to wipe your screen down well if you think that's the problem.

You could also possibly use titanium backup to freeze the keyboard service then restart your phone and see if that works (only if rooted)

dweicht31

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I stopped using the stock keyboard and moved to GO keyboard to fix it

johnbrison

Reaction score
So it just started doing this last night, when I type on the QWERTY keyboard I double tap space for a Period, well when I did this is locked the phone up, then it would reset. Well its still doing that and the Miltitouch keyboard won't pull up unless it's in Swype mode.

xShari

Reaction score
I had the same problem and brought it to the Verizon store. He fixed it in like 2 seconds and told me it was b/c of the new system update.

Basically you go to Settings->Language and Keyboard->Multi-Touch Keyboard->UNCHECK Next Word Prediction.

REALLY hope it works :]. Good luckkk!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dl1762

Reaction score
Holding the phone upright I cannot type the letters i k m or 12# i get all of the surrounding letters . Anybody else get this problem

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk