keyboard lag

motaumar

Reaction score
My droid razr never had this problem in the beginning but now it does. The keyboard lags way too much. I even downloaded swiftkey x and it still does.

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
jch81 said:
I would try restarting it

Restarting it using swiftkey x?
Because the keyboard lagging problem has been going on I believe since the last update or before that update. It lags randomly. It doesn't lag all the time.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
motaumar said:
My droid razr never had this problem in the beginning but now it does. The keyboard lags way too much. I even downloaded swiftkey x and it still does.

This is for the stock application. First backup your text messages if you need to, SMS backup works well.

First try going into applications, manage applications, all, find the TEXT app and clear data on that app. It should help. If not, see below.

My maxx did this once. It was annoying to say the least. I was constantly looking for answer and asking on here.... the answer was fairly obvious, but not at the time....

If you do this, it should help with the lag, and it beats having to do a factory reset. But you will have to setup your home screen again as it will look like it did out of the box. To proceed, see below.

Settings, applications, manage applications, all, find the HOME SCREEN app. Clear data.

I did this and it solved my lag issue. It was far more than just my keyboard. My phone was slow and laggy and just clumsy. It was ticking me off. I did this procedure and it sped it right back up.

Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:
OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
You mean the text messaging app?
Will all my text messages get erased?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
motaumar said:
You mean the text messaging app?
Will all my text messages get erased?

Yes, use SMS backup first. Fixed that.. sorry.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

WestOkid

Reaction score
@94lt1. You are 100% right for most lag issues. That home screen trick does wonders for the phone. After customizing icons and trying every launcher, I went back to stock and had all kinds of lag. I was about to do a factory reset. Luckily I stumbled on the Home Screen trick. My phone is like new. This should be a sticky!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
WestOkid said:
@94lt1. You are 100% right for most lag issues. That home screen trick does wonders for the phone. After customizing icons and trying every launcher, I went back to stock and had all kinds of lag. I was about to do a factory reset. Luckily I stumbled on the Home Screen trick. My phone is like new. This should be a sticky!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. Glad I could help. I stumbled upon the fix out of desperation. My phone was running like junk, I tried everything except this, and a factory reset. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94, clearing data on the home screen, would that be clearing data on the stock home or would you also do it for non -stock home launchers? I'm not having this problem (maybe because I don't use the stock launcher) but if I do, I want to be prepared.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
94, clearing data on the home screen, would that be clearing data on the stock home or would you also do it for non -stock home launchers? I'm not having this problem (maybe because I don't use the stock launcher) but if I do, I want to be prepared.

I've used this for go launcher as well as the stock home. Yrmv. Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
So if i do this only my home screen will be reset to factory. I won't lose my text messages of anything else. Right?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
Thanks!

No problem.:)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
motaumar said:
So if i do this only my home screen will be reset to factory. I won't lose my text messages of anything else. Right?

as long as you only clear data on the home screen app, then yes, you will only be returning your home screen to stock appearance, your text messages will not be touched. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

motaumar

Reaction score
So i reset the home screen and it has the same problem.