Keyboard Issues

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so I feel like a total boob (yes I called myself a boob) for not knowing how to fix this issue but here is what I got....

Ok so both the stock android keyboard and my HTC ime keyboard are doing this whenever I try to type text into a field. You know how when you type text into a field it will pull up a dedicated magnified box to type in, well mine is not doing that, it is trying to type in the box that is actually on the webpage which makes it difficult to see and sometimes impossible to see what I am typing. I have looked all through the keyboard settings and can't seem to find any sort of setting to remedy the problem. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. This is on the touchscreen keyboard not the physical one btw.

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
you mean install the HTC keyboard on your droid? It's pretty simple actually, are you rooted? If so there is a great website you can create your own keyboard. http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/ register and you can download your keyboard and place it on the sd card and use an app like astro to install it.

alucard9114

Reaction score
No i hate the htc keyboard.I am trying to get rid of it thanks for the website
im on ultimate droid 5 rooted

Last edited:
OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this again but this issue is driving me insanse. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset just to fix this unless it is my last case scenario.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Mine does this in portrait. If I switch to landscape I get the dedicated box you describe. I'm running stock 2.1 atm so not sure if there is a fix.

Sent from my Droid using interplanetary communications that neither you or I could possibly understand. Cheers.