keyboard issues

lumns

Reaction score
Hey,

do ya'll get issues when tryin to use the touchscreen keyboard. every so often when i receive a text i try to click on the comment space and bring up the keyboard and it won't come up. end up using the slide out keyboard?

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I don't think I had a problem with it coming up yet.

Yeah, IMHO I think it would be helpful if Google did a over haul of the onscreen keyboard with a bigger/fatter implementation like the Blackberry Storm. What did seem to help me was to turn on the keyboard sound and keyboard vibrate. It seems like I was more accurate with those features on.

Last edited:
OP
lumns

lumns

Reaction score
when using the android keyboard it works well predicting my words.

however.... i am having issues getting it to come up

mjs31

Reaction score
That is strange. I have no issues at all with that. As soon as I click in the text box it pops up. If I then rotate it, I have to select the box again, but no issues with it delaying or not coming up.

kaorte

Reaction score
If you are holding the phone horizontally it will sometimes only let you use the hard keyboard.
If you hold it portrait, it should let you use the soft keyboard.

OP
lumns

lumns

Reaction score
sometimes in portait when i have just received a text the touchscreen keyboard doesnt pop up

loboblanco

Reaction score
The virtual keyboard can be turned off and on. Go into settings and check

OP
lumns

lumns

Reaction score
its always been set on

MelWright

Reaction score
If anyone knows why or how to change the sensitivity due to when typing when using the virtual keyboard it will pop up numerous letters for one touch on occasions, please let me know!!!

Thanks

leroy157

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my keyboard not popping up too, but I didn't see a fix here. I only use portrait mode, and I have the problem in Google Talk, and using my Handcent SMS app. It just started acting up since I did the 2.1 update, and almost every time I receive a message while my phone is asleep, and I go to respond to a text, I have to hit the menu key on my screen twice, select the text box for the reply again, and then the keyboard will pop-up.

On occasion it won't pop up at all, so I have to exit out of the app, and then go back in for it to work. This is severely annoying, and I'd rather not do a factory reset - please help!

leroy157

Reaction score
The issue was the Task Manager that I had installed since I updated my firmware on my droid. I didn't use it for 2 days, and didn't have any issues with the keyboard, but literally as soon as I received a text message after reinstalling it again, I had the issue happen again.

chart
This is the QR code for the one I was using.

Since my uninstall that day, I haven't had a single issue with my keyboard. It was the task manager that was causing the problem. I now use Advanced Task Manager Free, which doesn't have an auto-kill feature, and that works fine with my phone.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Lumns I was having the issue on my Droid. I was having an issue with call quality so I replaced it with a new one which I got today. So far no more keyboard issue. I hope it is gone!