Keyboard Issues after Update: Launches Apps

rabbiferret

Reaction score
When trying to use the slide out keyboard on my Droid 2, select letters now launch apps. This only started happening since the update, and I can't find a setting to stop it. I don't need to be in a text box, the apps even launch from the home screen.

These are the affected keys:
L - Launches Google Calendar
P - Launches "Music Player"
G - Launches "Gmail Inbox"
B - Launches "Web Browser"

This is driving my crazy, as I'm now forced to use the touch screen to type (or I forget and launch a bunch of apps).

Please help!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/196556-disable-keyboard-shortcuts-keys-quick-launch.html
s
ays:
icon1.gif
Disable Keyboard Shortcuts Keys (Quick Launch)

To Disable the Quick Launch feature:
1. Settings>Applications>Quick Launch
2. Press and hold each letter that has a Quick Launch Application associated with it and select "Clear"

logy999

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've figured out a very primitive solution to this. I have a Droid Pro and I'm able to hide the virtual keyboard by pressing on the back touch key (the one that has something similiar to a U-turn sign). I need to do it everytime the keyboard pops up but good for me for now.

Hope it works for you as well.

When trying to use the slide out keyboard on my Droid 2, select letters now launch apps. This only started happening since the update, and I can't find a setting to stop it. I don't need to be in a text box, the apps even launch from the home screen.

These are the affected keys:
L - Launches Google Calendar
P - Launches "Music Player"
G - Launches "Gmail Inbox"
B - Launches "Web Browser"

This is driving my crazy, as I'm now forced to use the touch screen to type (or I forget and launch a bunch of apps).

Please help!

OP
R

rabbiferret

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!

The problem stopped for a while, but has recently resumed. This solution helped me to clear out the shortcuts, and resolved the issue. Thank you so much!

http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/196556-disable-keyboard-shortcuts-keys-quick-launch.html
s
ays:
icon1.gif
Disable Keyboard Shortcuts Keys (Quick Launch)

To Disable the Quick Launch feature:
1. Settings>Applications>Quick Launch
2. Press and hold each letter that has a Quick Launch Application associated with it and select "Clear"