keyboard issue, shift key not working as is most punctuation

kettlnaut

Reaction score
OK don't quote me on this, but this might be it. Thought that before but now that I know the specific triggers I can say what is what isn't much better. And it seems to work even in chrome now. SO here is the deal. Went into the input settings, and everywhere I could change a keyboard default language, I forced it to US english. So go to the AOSP, the omap4, the mapphone-switch and go and make sure that ONLY English US is chosen for keyboard layout. Then go into google voice typing, uncheck the auto language and choose us english. Now my chrome WASN'T updated what I tried this so hopefully installing the updates doesn't break it, or if it does hopefully I can just go put all these settings back and be good, but I was able to transition between physical and onscreen typing without it goofing my shift key up after doing this so that is good news to me!

kettlnaut

Reaction score
OK so that is conclusive in my eyes. You do have to uninstall the chrome updates and of course turn off the autoupdate feature, but if you want to use it and are ok with the old version shift seems to work even in chrome with all the other settings I listed set specifically on english, and it works in fb. BUT I seem to see the issue others are seeing with the wrong character getting > instead of : so I guess maybe we need to keep trying different keyboard layouts? Can someone make a flippin custom key layout that is RIGHT? How hard is this really? Sheesh D:

Steeler1

Reaction score
I had this issue as well. Go into settings, then language & input, go down to omap4-keypad. Make sure it has default underneath it, if not touch it to access it. Make sure everything in unchecked, if not uncheck it. That solved my problem