Keyboard issue (bug? design?)

Wongway

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm rather new, so I'm not entirely familiar with Android yet. Just got the Motorola Droid myself a few days ago.

Now I've read a bunch of posts with people swearing that the home screen would auto rotate when they first got it. (I'm one of those that swears it did too) however, this is a bit different, (I think?)

Now, when in a Car Dock, it's obviously not easy for me to peck at the keyboard, so to do searches for places, I still would like to use the onscreen keyboard in Landscape Mode while in the Car Dock.
The problem I'm finding is that the On Screen Keyboard will not pop up for me in any searches, typing, navigation screen etc.
The On Screen Keyboard WILL pop up when I have to reach over and slide the screen up -.-

Is this some wierd design bug? I mean, now that I've taken the trouble to reach over and behind the Car Dock to get a good grip to slide the screen up to get at SOME keyboard to type on, I now have access to both the hardware keyboard and the on screen one at the same time.

Is there something I'm missing? A setting I should have on?

OP
W

Wongway

Reaction score
(Is it bad to bump threads?)

Just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts or noticed the same issue I've had?

Basically, when in the Car Dock. The onscreen landscape keyboard does not pop up unless I also slide the hardware keyboard out.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not bad to bump at all. Sorry, but I never use the car dock at all so I don't have an answer for you, but I can give you a banana bump up to the top! Good luck!

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: