Keyboard backlight not working

Lizx3

Reaction score
My dad and I are both having this problem with our Droid 3's. The slideout keyboard backlights either don't work at all or work for a couple seconds and then shut off. Is there a fix for this? I didn't even realize the keyboard was lit until he said something...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Try putting auto brightness. The keyboard light only comes out when theres low light. And it does it automatically

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
Doesn't really sound like a problem. They're designed to turn off if it's bright enough to see them without the backlight. Saves battery. Turn off the lights. If they don't light up, THEN you have a problem.

OP
L

Lizx3

Reaction score
I tried that and it seems to work for my phone but my dad is still having issues. Even in darkness the backlight shuts off after a couple seconds when he is typing. I'm thinking his phone needs to be replaced because it is doing a bunch of weird things..

shane1

Reaction score
sounds stupid but try a battery pull, sometimes it just needs to reboot

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
Did you just get the phones? ...and if so, have they been updated yet? Settings -> About Phone (should be 5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US) If not, hit System Updates and it should download the OTA.