[Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

micrors4

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what comes of this, hopefully we will see the development this phone deserves.

Cat88Extreme

Reaction score
Reboot into 2nd Init Recovery - How is that done on this phone? (which buttons to push simultaneously at startup?) - Which kernel is this from, ICS or Jelly Bean? The reason I ask is because I have not upgraded to Jelly Bean due to some comments I have read about problems and ICS has been running fine for me. Also I am assuming you do not need to be rooted prior to flashing this modified kernel???

Thomas23Male

Reaction score
This kernel is for Jelly Bean. And after you flash the recovery to your phone you can just go into the app and tap on reboot recovery.

mordant80

Reaction score
thanks you, i''ll try it because i can use your baseband so i think kernel can use for LTE 2 :)
we have a new recovery do you want to try??

id like to take a look at the new recovery, is it still 2nd init? what version of cwm?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4

elamarkant

Reaction score
Congratulations.
Thanks to djrbliss.
I've used his work to make a loki-patched recovery for my Korean version VS930(F160L), it really works and is a perma-recovery!
I think it's the way also works with VS930~
Just compiled from cm10.1 source and is clockworkmod recovery v6 and patched with loki.
Still trying to make a twrp2 but failed for many times, seems to be gpu driver problem.
I'm glad to have the news of removing security error~It really sucks...
If convenient, Can u release the source code of the modded kernel?
I'm still trying to learn how to make a my first modded kernel for my F160L and compile it with myself to remove security error and add some more features such as overclock or more schedular.
I'll be very glad to have your help.
Many and many thanks again!

mordant80

Reaction score
Congratulations.
Thanks to djrbliss.
I've used his work to make a loki-patched recovery for my Korean version VS930(F160L), it really works and is a perma-recovery!
I think it's the way also works with VS930~
Just compiled from cm10.1 source and is clockworkmod recovery v6 and patched with loki.
Still trying to make a twrp2 but failed for many times, seems to be gpu driver problem.
I'm glad to have the news of removing security error~It really sucks...
If convenient, Can u release the source code of the modded kernel?
I'm still trying to learn how to make a my first modded kernel for my F160L and compile it with myself to remove security error and add some more features such as overclock or more schedular.
I'll be very glad to have your help.
Many and many thanks again!

Thanks a bunch! where can I download it?

elamarkant

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch! where can I download it?
As I don't get the VS930 one, I just make one for Korean version.
If you want the perma recovery for VS930, please dump the aboot.img and boot.img of VS930 and post them for me to make one:)

mordant80

Reaction score
As I don't get the VS930 one, I just make one for Korean version.
If you want the perma recovery for VS930, please dump the aboot.img and boot.img of VS930 and post them for me to make one:)

Ah, I see. I'm already running the Loki kernel and you probably need the stock files. Anyone able to supply these? Would be a pain in the ass for me at the moment. I could do a a backup and restore but if someone else has the stock stuff would be easier.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 2

elamarkant

Reaction score
I think the loki-patched kernel maybe OK.
The only limit is that recovery for JB need JB kernel and ICS one should be ICS kernel.
If u are familiar with "disk destroyer"(laf), u can make a try to dump it :-D
Ah, I see. I'm already running the Loki kernel and you probably need the stock files. Anyone able to supply these? Would be a pain in the ass for me at the moment. I could do a a backup and restore but if someone else has the stock stuff would be easier.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 2

mordant80

Reaction score
I think the loki-patched kernel maybe OK.
The only limit is that recovery for JB need JB kernel and ICS one should be ICS kernel.
If u are familiar with "disk destroyer"(laf), u can make a try to dump it :-D

Yea not a problem, will grab my boot.IMG tomorrow evening when I'm at my PC with adb and dd. I'm not familiar with aboot.IMG though. What's that one?

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4

elamarkant

Reaction score
Yea not a problem, will grab my boot.IMG tomorrow evening when I'm at my PC with adb and dd. I'm not familiar with aboot.IMG though. What's that one?

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4

aboot is at the same place with boot
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot