[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

chikimonke

Reaction score
how about rooting? im sure it wont take long, but i need me some wifi teathering... im getting close to upgrade time...just dont know what to get or to wait it out. Im not a samsung fan. their galaxy series with the fascinate was horrible. I dont know if i can get past how crappy that phone was/is

The Prime is actually the Nexus Prime, and while it will be made by Samsung, since it is a Nexus device it should mean that it's unlocked and relatively easy to root. At least that's what I'm hoping for, because all the "leaked" specs are pretty drool worthy.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Unlocked bootloader = upgradeable kernels, else I wouldn't care if it was kal-el quad core equipped.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jerroedr

Reaction score
i know samsung releases products before they are ready...thats what worries me. What about functinality like the bionic? access files from your comp on the phone? that kind of shiz

The Race To Die

Reaction score
i know samsung releases products before they are ready...thats what worries me. What about functinality like the bionic? access files from your comp on the phone? that kind of shiz

I don't think that's anything bionic specific. Its just an app that does that.

*just looked it up and its called zumocast.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't worry too much about that, don't forget Google is basically overseeing everything about the phone and it is supposed to be the flagship for Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I wouldn't worry too much about that, don't forget Google is basically overseeing everything about the phone and it is supposed to be the flagship for Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich

Sammy provides the hardware and Google the software, vanilla is my favorite flavor.

flamepanther

Reaction score
I'm also tempted to get a Prime, but other priorities might force me to tough it out longer than that.

Prime, when you do upgrade to a new phone, is that pretty much it for the deprimed kernel?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sammy provides the hardware and Google the software, vanilla is my favorite flavor.

Yeah I know that but I meant I'm sure Google will test the full setup prior to release to make sure Sammy didn't screw anything up and that its up to par

flamepanther

Reaction score
Pretty sure he already has a new phone.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

I'm aware of that, but my impression is Droid X isn't very friendly to kernel hacking.

kevdog

Reaction score
cant wait for the nexus prime to come out. unlocked bootloader, vanilla, sexy updated hardware -- time to give the og a vacation. for anyone interested in doing any phone hacking, ie the crowd that reads this thread regularly, why wouldn't you get this phone???

jerroedr

Reaction score
cant wait for the nexus prime to come out. unlocked bootloader, vanilla, sexy updated hardware -- time to give the og a vacation. for anyone interested in doing any phone hacking, ie the crowd that reads this thread regularly, why wouldn't you get this phone???

because samsung made it... but seriously, ill probably get it

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Pretty sure he already has a new phone.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

I've had a DROIDX since march but didn't use it. I have been busy lately, then had an accident this weekend but I will finish my project...the perfect OG kernel (perfect being a personal goal... ie not realistic)

Last edited:

flamepanther

Reaction score
I've had a DROIDX since march but didn't use it. I have been busy lately, then had an accident this weekend but I will finish my project...the perfect OG kernel (perfect being a personal goal... ie not realistic)

Honestly, I don't think any of us would have blamed you for leaving the project as it is, after everything that's happened. However, this is really great to hear. Your kernel is one of the things that keeps me happy with my OG Droid.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Seems like you've been dealt more than enough bad luck already. I hope you're doing alright.

Last edited: