prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Being off topic occasionally is OK. At dandroidx, you would need to run the commands upon each boot. I will likely release an update that defaults to noop (through scripts initially) as I have been meaning to add a few more overclock options for some time.

I received an interesting PM with various kernel/sysctl tweaks outlined, I will give them a rundown and see which should be added to deprimed. (Giving credit where it's due of course.)

OT
-------------
I am certainly no fan of Sammy's but if the prime is what rumors have you believe it will be my next device.

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Well I broke my foot yesterday so I wouldn't say I'm OK, but thanks for the confidence in my work. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jerroedr

Reaction score
Well I broke my foot yesterday so I wouldn't say I'm OK, but thanks for the confidence in my work. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Geez! You have been having a tough go at things

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Geez! You have been having a tough go at things

If you guys only knew the whole story of my life over the past nine months, a broke foot is the least of my concerns...plus it was my fault for getting angry and kicking things. :-\

In the words of Joe Dirt.."You got to keep on keeping on".

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Being off topic occasionally is OK. At dandroidx, you would need to run the commands upon each boot. I will likely release an update that defaults to noop (through scripts initially) as I have been meaning to add a few more overclock options for some time.

I received an interesting PM with various kernel/sysctl tweaks outlined, I will give them a rundown and see which should be added to deprimed. (Giving credit where it's due of course.)

OT
-------------
I am certainly no fan of Sammy's but if the prime is what rumors have you believe it will be my next device.

I can provide more/different kernel/sysctl tweaks if you want any more (I pulled them from liquid rom btw)

And it would certainly seem fitting to have prime own the nexus prime lol, btw I'm willing to test out anything new you put out, my phone is pretty tolerant of almost any kernels

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Prime, can you make a script manager file that will run your noop command on boot until a new kernel release?

Its really really simple to get this running at boot...use script manager to go to the /etc/init.d folder and make a new script, call it something like 69kernelfix, edit the script and copy/paste the lines to do the fix (make sure to leave the command line script manager automatically puts in at the beginning) and save it and reboot
If you don't have an init.d folder then just follow the same instructions as above but just put that new script in the /data folder and have script manager run it at boot

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score

zachdroid

Reaction score
I am using simply stunning and I see high android os. I have all my block devices set to noop.

View attachment 39895

Here's the script I used to change io scheduler to noop.
# Scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock4/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock6/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock5/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/dm-0/queue/scheduler
echo "noop" > /sys/block/dm-1/queue/scheduler

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Not to sound like a noob but when I run the script I get a bunch of lines that say stderr. Does this mean it didn't work?

Edit: can this be run in terminal? Is there a command I can run to ensure it took?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

kevdog

Reaction score
Not to sound like a noob but when I run the script I get a bunch of lines that say stderr. Does this mean it didn't work? Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Where did you obtain that script? As far as the stderr thing, the output is being directed to stderr. I believe if you want to get rid of the stderr message, add this to each line of the script: >/dev/null 2>&1
So for example: echo "noop" > /sys/block/mtdblock4/queue/scheduler > /dev/null 2>&1

Stdout is being directed to /dev/null (nowhere) and stderr is being directed to stdout. So hence -- take all the output from this statement and shove it down a big black hole never to be seen again!!!

Last edited: