prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I feel the love. Great community we have here.

What problems have arisen with the kernel while I have been on hiatus?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I just flashed the latest CM nightly and deprimed, no issues so far.

Someone mentioned there were problems?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Thank you, I am happy to be back at any capacity.

I have missed doing my work greatly.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I just flashed the latest CM nightly and deprimed, no issues so far.

Someone mentioned there were problems?

I haven't had any problems with your kernel. But a lot of people like the v6 supercharger script, and on my phone at least, they seem to conflict. You've already tweaked the hell out of the kernel but script does something weird. Then if I run the primed script again to override the kernel changes, my phone slows to a crawl. Obviously, none of this is your fault, I just decided to not use the supercharger script.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
I have had a strange occurrence a few times. Compcache will disappear. Any effort to restore it is futile. Reflashing Deprimed does not restore the compcache which brought me to the assumptive conclusion that the kernel is not to blame. Attempting to restart it through the command line terminal only results in messages stating that some mblock files don't exist. Has this happened to anyone else?

chikimonke

Reaction score
I feel the love. Great community we have here.

What problems have arisen with the kernel while I have been on hiatus?

I'm not sure if it's a kernel thing, or a CM thing, but I my camera has been an absolute bear to use lately. I can take a picture, and then it's a good solid 30+ seconds until it's ready to go again, sometimes longer. And a lot of the time it actually just locks up completely and eventually the camera FC's. Trying to exit out of the camera app generally causes it to hang for a while until it FC's. It's really annoying because I use my phone to take pictures of my daughter all the time.

Edit: I suppose I should also mention that I'm currently using Peter Alfonso's kernel v0.3 900SV and the V6 script, but the camera problems happened before the V6 install. I think I'm going to remove the V6 script, doesn't seem to help and tends to hurt more than anything.

Last edited:

meishkov

Reaction score
Man, my camera has been that same way. Sometimes it works perfectly, then days later after a reboot, it'll do just as you described. Always thought it was from restoring apps with data from a TiBu backup, but that's not the case this time around. It does become completely unresponsive at some points, like it's not getting enough juice or something.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nullifier

Reaction score
I just logged in and broke my idle streak to welcome you back Prime, and also to thank you for the time you put in on Deprimed. It is still my go-to kernel even without any updates while you were handling your shiz. I look forward to your next release!

kevdog

Reaction score
Prime

Possible kernel problem here or maybe not. Running CM nightly with your deprimed kernel. I haven't installed a new program or done any update to anything (CM, kernel, etc), in probably a month. The phone is rebooted daily.

I used to get about a day and a half's worth of battery life. Now I'm lucky if I get 6 hours, and the phone is really getting laggy. Its really strange since I really haven't done anything to the phone other than use it. Any ideas??

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I don't believe in many conspiracies, but I do believe in serendipity.
Perhaps this is just part of chaos theory or something even stranger, but within 2 days of prime's triumphant return, the site has been gorgeously redesigned and in Detroit we went from 95% humidity and temps nearing triple digits to a comfortable temp in the 70s with mellow humidity. Meaning I can wear bottoms again. All of Detroit rejoiced to see I had covered my kibbles n bits, it was as if the Tigers won the World Series! Some will pass this all off as merely a coincidence, I think not. We all have front row seats to view the raw power of The Return of Prime!
Coming to a theater near you, this film has not been rated.
All of Michigan sends thanks.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought of the perfect phone for prime to get whenever it comes out, the Google nexus prime...its like its made just for prime lol...anyway I had a couple issues/requests whenever you get time, prime
1. I said this here before but you weren't here obviously, but my phone used to be able to run 1.3GHz but the only working kernel that fast is ancient and doesn't work well anymore...I tried going to 1.3 GHz on your kernel but it slows to a crawl and freezes but right up to about 1.29 GHz it runs just fine, so is it my phone that can't run it or is a some limitation within the kernel?
2. Would it be possible to make a version of this kernel with 5 slots (better performance) or even 9 slots (even better battery life)?
3. And would it be possible to put up a chart of common vsels at common speeds for reference? It'd make tweaking my own settings a little bit easier
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jerroedr

Reaction score
Glad to hear your ok prime! im about as behind as you were. still on winners 85-3 or 83-5 and your kernel. I have no idea whats happened in the builds since then. But Im out of school for a week or so so its time to update if its worth it.

quickhonda

Reaction score
I too have noticed battery life issues when combining prime and the last few nightlies. Stock kernel is fine but the prime kernel is draining the battery about twice the normal speed. Couldn't say where it started in the nightlies but all was good a couple weeks ago and the last few have done it.