[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

djs31

Reaction score
If you're running Test #20 (reports #1), what type of battery life are you getting? Meaning, how many hours on one charge? And what govenor are you using?

zachdroid

Reaction score
If you're running Test #20 (reports #1), what type of battery life are you getting? Meaning, how many hours on one charge? And what govenor are you using?

I get about 15 hours with moderate to heavy usage using on demand gov

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ddavidadams

Reaction score

I am running performance and I never really track my battery life because I usually have it plugged in when I am working and when I am driving. I also have a spare battery that I will pop in if it every gets low enough to kick back up CPU speed. (20%)

djs31

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I was trying to gauge my battery life, versus what others are running. I'm getting about 20 hours, light/moderate usage (more towards light), with the Ondemand setting.

undroid

Reaction score
i have a question on bfs. as per the OP the latest version has BFS. BFS is an io scheduler and it's an alternative to noop, deadline or cfq right? however i do not see BFS as an option in the scheduler..

# uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.32.9-deprimed #1 PREEMPT Fri Apr 29 17:08:36 CDT 2011 armv7l GNU/Linux

# cat /sys/block/mtdblock4/queue/scheduler
noop [cfq]

as you can see, there is only noop and cfq (currently used).

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have a question on bfs. as per the OP the latest version has BFS. BFS is an io scheduler and it's an alternative to noop, deadline or cfq right? however i do not see BFS as an option in the scheduler..

# uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.32.9-deprimed #1 PREEMPT Fri Apr 29 17:08:36 CDT 2011 armv7l GNU/Linux

noop [cfq]

Are you using #19 or #20? #20 is the one that had bfs. Or at least I think that's it.

Sent from my ADR6400L

undroid

Reaction score

# uname -a

noop [cfq]

Are you using #19 or #20? #20 is the one that had bfs. Or at least I think that's it.

Sent from my ADR6400L

i am using #20. OP says "Deprimed test #20 (Kernel reports #1) - (4/29/2011)" which shows in my uname -a output.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
am I blind? I've heard others talk about different speeds of this kernel for the d1. could someone point a blind man in the right direction? looking for a lv 250-1250mhz.

thanks

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
am I blind? I've heard others talk about different speeds of this kernel for the d1. could someone point a blind man in the right direction? looking for a lv 250-1250mhz.

thanks

I don't know the details of how to make it stick but this kernel can go as fast or slow as you want (I haven't played around with this kernel too too much yet) I believe part of it is editing the overclock file with your own values (test the Max/min speeds and the vsel (voltage) values in the modified milestone overclock app first though!!)
If you want a premade lv 250-1250 look at chevyno1s kernels

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dpaine88

Reaction score

thanks

You need to modify the 20overclock file in the init.d folder in /system/etc/init.d

First go to terminal and type in "primed" and this will create that file.

Basically you put in your own voltages/speeds.

Reaction score

juniorjwh

Reaction score
thank you everyone. I'm just a little intimidated. but I've got to start somewhere. thanks again

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been away for a bit. I know Prime was MIA for a bit and judging by his last post (05/05), that still appears to be the case. Has anyone been in contact with him lately? Just wondering and was concerned about him and his family. I know they've been through the ringer in the last couple of months. Hope he's okay.