Keeping Phone on When Charging

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
OK. I just upgraded from an S9+ (loved it) to a S21. I used to use doubleTwist Alarm Clock as my alarm clock. I liked that it had a clock that I could use and it was easy to turn off when I'm blurry eyed in the morning.

NOW I notice that there are no "Developer Options" with the tap, tap, tap, tap - Always on when charging. So, I can't keep my phone "on" all night when it is charging. It now goes to Always On Display, but I have to give my Pin code or finger print to unlock the phone to turn off the alarm. Not what I want to do in the early morning.

I downloaded Alarm Clock from the Samsung store and I'm trying to use it, but it does the same thing. The phone locks after a period of time, so in the morning I have to pick up the phone, unlock it and drag the notifications open, select Alarm Clock ringing and turn off the alarm clock. It is becoming annoying.

Is there a fix to this? Is there an alarm clock that I can have on, unlocked and easy to turn off (I don't need to do math problems that early in the morning, I can't even do math problems when I'm awake!).

I do have both doubleTwist Alarm Clock and Alarm Clock as never put to sleep by the phone.

This is an annoying function to the new phone. I don't see why I can't have the phone on when it is charging.

Thanks!

- StormyHeather

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I have a Note 20 Ultra and you can still enable developer options on it and I've read they can be enabled on the S21 too.
  1. Go to "Settings", then tap "About device" or "About phone".
  2. 2 Scroll down, then tap "Build number" seven times. ...
Once enabled go to developer options and select Stay Awake and the screen won't sleep while charging.

OP
StormyHeather

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I have a Note 20 Ultra and you can still enable developer options on it and I've read they can be enabled on the S21 too.
  1. Go to "Settings", then tap "About device" or "About phone".
  2. 2 Scroll down, then tap "Build number" seven times. ...
Once enabled go to developer options and select Stay Awake and the screen won't sleep while charging.
THANK YOU !!!! I figured there had to be something! I had this enabled on my S9+, but I guess I forgot how I enabled it.