Keep the screen on while charging

kornfeld

Reaction score
I searched around but had no luck finding info on this....is there a way to keep the screen from going black while the phone is charging?

When I have it in my car, I keep it plugged into the cigarette lighter and use it to play mp3's. It's annoying to have to hit the power button and then slide to unlock every time I want to change tracks or whatever. I'd rather have the screen remain active while it's plugged in.

I'm guessing that it will remain active if I get a car dock for it, but in the meantime...is there a setting that will let me keep the display active?

smokinfish

Reaction score
Install screebl from the market. The only thing is you have to keep it at an angle for it to work. It's a must have app imo.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings>Applications>Development>Check "Stay Awake"

Of course that's where the option is. Why would they put it in the display menu?

:D Just a way to encourage exploration of your phone. By the way, ScreenModeWidget provides a somewhat more user-friendly approach to the problem along with functionality that enables you to skip the lock screen when you wake up the display.

madspeed

Reaction score
Install screebl from the market. The only thing is you have to keep it at an angle for it to work. It's a must have app imo.

You can set screebl to operate at whatever position you'd like... open screeble, then preferences, then portrait or landscape orientation, you can set from there...