Kangerade 4.0.7 w/ Nex-tang Beautiful Widgets Problem

UgaDroid313

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets won't load my local weather. Anyone else having this problem?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
seems widespread..I'm not sure if it's a BW issue or a 2.2 issue. People are seeing this across a couple different ROMS

mkraffert

Reaction score
Try logging on to Google Latitude. That fixed it for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
U

UgaDroid313

Reaction score
seems widespread..I'm not sure if it's a BW issue or a 2.2 issue. People are seeing this across a couple different ROMS

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had this problem with the last few ROM's I've tried so didn't know what was going on. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

jman1423

Reaction score
i had the same problem. except a lot of my widgets didnt work. so i switched over my kernels from Chevy 1.25 ULv to Chevy 1.1 Lv and now it seems to work fine,

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
had the same problem, but with the weather widgets, i just rebooted, refreshed, and it worked for me..

Reaction score
I had the same problem - maps and location widgets wouldn't poll my location. I wiped data/cache and flashed JRummy's last ROM before this one and then I immediately flashed this ROM WITHOUT wiping (thanks for the suggestion, area52!). It worked perfectly. Maps/beautiful widgets are fine, and my apps even restored automagially. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

BroDaJin

Reaction score
I had the same problem - maps and location widgets wouldn't poll my location. I wiped data/cache and flashed JRummy's last ROM before this one and then I immediately flashed this ROM WITHOUT wiping (thanks for the suggestion, area52!). It worked perfectly. Maps/beautiful widgets are fine, and my apps even restored automagially. Hope that helps!

I tried and failed......

jbrock98

Reaction score
Won't work with me either, (weather widgets) I logged onto latitude, restarted my phone, I've done everything except restoring last jrummy rom and installing no wipe

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

solution

Reaction score
I posted this earlier in the main ROM thread. Posting here since it pertains to the issue:

Yeah, for sure something strange going on with Geo location. I tried setting it to do loc fix and this is what I got:

D/Genie ( 8099): No last fix, requesting location fix...
D/Genie ( 8099): Request location failed, requesting data without location.
D/Genie ( 8099): Requesting data...
D/Genie ( 8099): Got response: GeniePayload: isCached: false payload: 40 and updated model: READY: showing news 0 of 40 [no weather] at, 12:19am, July 3 with timestamp: 12:19am, July 3 next auto-refresh time = 0
D/Genie ( 8099): Refresh Complete, notifying success.

I also see this over and over in the log:

W/googleanalytics( 7997): Problem with socket or streams.
W/googleanalytics( 7997): java.net.ConnectException: Google Analytics | Official Website127.0.0.1:80 - Connection refused
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connec t(PlainSocketImpl.java:254)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connec t(PlainSocketImpl.java:533)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:1055)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.con nectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:119)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at com.google.android.apps.analytics.PipelinedRequest er.maybeOpenConnection(Unknown Source)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at com.google.android.apps.analytics.PipelinedRequest er.addRequest(Unknown Source)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at com.google.android.apps.analytics.NetworkDispatche r$DispatcherThread$AsyncDispatchTask.dispatchSomeP endingEvents(Unknown Source)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at com.google.android.apps.analytics.NetworkDispatche r$DispatcherThread$AsyncDispatchTask.run(Unknown Source)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587 )
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92 )
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
W/googleanalytics( 7997): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60 )
W/googleanalytics( 7997): Dispatcher thinks it finished, but there were 30 failed events

My guess would be that if the connection to analytics is refused all apps that use geo location (genie, maps, beautiful widgets) wont be able to pull data automatically.

A quick work around until this gets resolved is to turn off geolocation for your respective widgets and configure you location manually and use your gps for googlemaps.

Last edited:
OP
U

UgaDroid313

Reaction score
I've tried everything suggested and so far no luck. I'll keep trying and hopefully I can figure something out.

Monkey74

Reaction score
Widgets problem when rebooting

Good day all,

I have had similar issues, I'm running BW widgets, picture frame widgets, Overclock widgets and every time I reboot the phone, the don't come up. I try to put them back on, but they seem not to be there. I have to uninstall using Astro and installing again.

Any help or update for this ROM will be appreciated. Other than that dancedroid