Kangerade 4.0.7-GPS / Location / Weather Widgets FIX. Credit to ChevyNo1.

atticus

Reaction score
I was browing around yesterday and saw that people on Chevys SS 4.3 were having a lot of the same problems some of us have had with 4.0.7. I noticed he posted up a fix to his ROMs problem. a simple update.zip. So I took a stab in the dark, and applied the update.zip. and BOOM - problem solved without wiping, or anything!

So naturally I told him the story, and he gave me clearance to share the fix will all of you crazy Kangerade lovers. So here we are....a simple update.zip in SPR.
(maybe you should backup your current ROM in case my fix was a fluke) ;)

Thanks again to ChevyNo1!

Last edited:

dakoop

Reaction score
Nice find.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sparty569

Reaction score
Clicking on the line gave me this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.15 0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at chevyno1.richstevenson.com Port 80

EDIT: got it from here: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/4.3/LocationFix.zip

Last edited:
OP
atticus

atticus

Reaction score
Sweet. How did it work out for you?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I installed this fix and after my phone restarted I was going to see if it worked and the phone rebooted itself.

Since then however its been fine and the fix seems to have worked.

OP
atticus

atticus

Reaction score
great. i deleted the link, and just uploaded the actual .zip. should be easier for everyone.

Vaden K

Reaction score
I also got a weird reboot a few hours after installing, and fancy widgets said I was in "wayne" which is nowhere near here. I am in my computer room and maps just synced my location, which is a first since on Froyo. I am calling it working but with reservations. I will test out nav tomorrow on the way to work and see what it gives me. Thanks for doing the footwork and bringing this to us!

Update..Sorry to say but I just rebooted and now my GPS icon is flashing and it wont lockon anymore. This is a serious bummer for me, I guess I'm going to try a new ROM and do a full wipe to see if I cant get it going. At this point I'm hoping that the rumors of 2.2 coming from the OTA in a few weeks is true, I may be going back to stock :sad:

Last edited:

solution

Reaction score
I tried this fix and seems to work fine. My two weather widgets (Beautiful and Google News and weather) are back online and google maps is finding my location like it was before. Latitude is functional. One thing I did notice that was funky was the google widget (genie) was querying the server way, way, waaay too frequently, like almost every 30 seconds, and this was actually having an effect on my battery life. I've since then turn off geolocation for that widget and have kept beautiful widgets on since I can throttle how frequently it queries the server. I gotta say this is really interesting stuff to me. I'm gonna have to look into how these .apks are made.