K-9 Mail can not send email

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't do this. I've tried three times now. I hit the arrow to move cursor to the next line and all it does is advance the cursor along that same line

Seems like a glitch then cause that is what the spacebar would do.

You can try uninstalling K9 and then reinstalling it. You would have to do the Charter and GoDaddy stuff again but I would just set one of them up and see if the return button works.

If not, it could be a keyboard issue. Tell ya what, before you go deleting K9 and such, use the other keyboard. If you use the onscreen one, try usig the slide out or vice versa. See if that :return" button does what you want it to.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I trird getting more than a single line in there and ot would not let me. Also, how do I know that I have the latest version of K9?

Thanks!

The latest version of K-9 is here: Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code. And these guys are not very good about putting the latest version on the market. There have actually been two updates since the market was last updated. Enjoy.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I trird getting more than a single line in there and ot would not let me. Also, how do I know that I have the latest version of K9?

Thanks!

The latest version of K-9 is here: Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code. And these guys are not very good about putting the latest version on the market. There have actually been two updates since the market was last updated. Enjoy.

Good info Bayou.. I'll have to update mine as well. Thank You.

Cairo

Reaction score
OK, following xkape's detailed tutorial (a different avenue than I was getting to the signature) I was able to add my signature. Also was able to bcc myself, a feature I was looking for.

Side note, I downloaded Remote Wav to allow .wav files to play. Works OK

Thanks for the help. Really, most appreciated, and quite generous

Cairo

Reaction score
I'm downloading the lasted file of K9. Not sure what a SHA1 checksum is.. I hope I didn't screw this up.

EDIT: I can't download that update, as it was blocked. No allowance of apps not obtained from Android Market... Seems very, very lame

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm downloading the lasted file of K9. Not sure what a SHA1 checksum is.. I hope I didn't screw this up.

EDIT: I can't download that update, as it was blocked. No allowance of apps not obtained from Android Market... Seems very, very lame

Lol.. :) from the android "desktop" hit the menu button selct settings.. then select applications. Check the box for "unknown sources"

That will allow you to download things that are not from the market.

Droid has that option standard so less people download malicious things. As long as you know the files good, checking that box allows you to download whatever app you want from anywhere you want.

Cairo

Reaction score
Well how about that... Installed just fine. What a great day this is for me and my email.

Thank you so very much!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well how about that... Installed just fine. What a great day this is for me and my email.

Thank you so very much!

That made me laugh.:icon_ banana:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True, though!!

Yeah but the way you said it.. funny to me :)

Heck you might as well shoot for the trifecta now and see if that update will let you put images in the signature.

charfuer

Reaction score
I am having the same issue....any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I have downloaded and installed K-9 mail (I grew tired of the regular email app notifying me at 3 AM that there is a sale at JCPenney. I tried changing it to never check but it kept changing it back so I dumped it). K-9 mail installed went great except I can not send email. When it tries to connect to the outgoing server it says it can not connect. I have verified the SMTP settings, the user ID and password. I can not see anything wrong. Incoming is fine. Anyone else having an issue with outgoing? My next step is to contact the K-9 developers.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
charfuer... what email account? Yahoo, Cox, Time Warner, etc....?

keiichi25

Reaction score
You may want to refer to your e-mail provider. In some cases, certain ISPs block non-customer IPs from connecting to their SMTP servers as a counter to outside SMTP spam Relay attacks. Cellphone providers are normally ignored by local ISP providers as well as national carriers like Cox, Comcast, Roadrunner and the like for their own protection.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am having the same issue....any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I have downloaded and installed K-9 mail (I grew tired of the regular email app notifying me at 3 AM that there is a sale at JCPenney. I tried changing it to never check but it kept changing it back so I dumped it). K-9 mail installed went great except I can not send email. When it tries to connect to the outgoing server it says it can not connect. I have verified the SMTP settings, the user ID and password. I can not see anything wrong. Incoming is fine. Anyone else having an issue with outgoing? My next step is to contact the K-9 developers.

This is almost always the port selection and security setting. Instead of port 25, try 587 or 465 and set TLS as "Always' or "If Available". If those settings don't work, do a google search for you ISP and "port settings".

Good luck.