K-9 Mail can not send email

keiichi25

Reaction score
I am having the same issue....any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I have downloaded and installed K-9 mail (I grew tired of the regular email app notifying me at 3 AM that there is a sale at JCPenney. I tried changing it to never check but it kept changing it back so I dumped it). K-9 mail installed went great except I can not send email. When it tries to connect to the outgoing server it says it can not connect. I have verified the SMTP settings, the user ID and password. I can not see anything wrong. Incoming is fine. Anyone else having an issue with outgoing? My next step is to contact the K-9 developers.

This is almost always the port selection and security setting. Instead of port 25, try 587 or 465 and set TLS as "Always' or "If Available". If those settings don't work, do a google search for you ISP and "port settings".

Good luck.

Not only that, but definitely check with your Mail Provider for specifics on how you are to connect to the server. In some cases, they may want you to authenticate to prove you are the user authorized to connect to their SMTP server.

As mentioned before though, there is also a likely chance you are being blocked due to being on a foreign IP address and it is one of their protections to prevent SMTP Spam Relay attacks that spammers and hackers love to use on Open SMTP relay servers.

charfuer

Reaction score
Road Runner...but it works fine on the stock email and I work for RR so I know the settings are correct.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Road Runner...but it works fine on the stock email and I work for RR so I know the settings are correct.

Then it could be a bad build... I tried using K9 and had problems with it syncing with exchange 2008-10 server so I gave up and it worked fine for the stock app. Try another version, otherwise, don't know what else to tell ya.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

works for my wife just fine. I realize we are in different areas but hers is just pop-server.woh.rr.com and smtp-server.woh.rr.com

Let me try and set mine up right quick. I never use it but I can do it for experimenting.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, I just set it up and sent myself a test message. All is well. What are your outgoing settings?

fran53

Reaction score
Couldn't Send Email From Droid, Either

OMG.... I was pouring through these posts trying to find a solution for why couldn't send email from DROID Bionic. Use POP server rr.com (roadrunner). I could receive email but couldn't send - tried ports 25 & 587 with SSL not enabled and password enabled. Reading your thread on using port 80 made me try it, WTH. Well, I tried port 80 on outgoing mail and BINGO! It worked!! Thank you so much. Why port 80? Who knows as long as it works. Now, no problems sending email on the DROID Bionic. Thanks again!! :) :greendroid:

SETTINGS:.

INCOMING:. pop-server.yourcity.rr.com
PORT: 110

OUTGOING:. smtp-server.yourcity.rr.com.
PORT: 80

Ahermanson

Reaction score
K-9 Works Great on Roadrunner with Droid X

Hi All,

I have downloaded and installed K-9 mail (I grew tired of the regular email app notifying me at 3 AM that there is a sale at JCPenney. I tried changing it to never check but it kept changing it back so I dumped it). K-9 mail installed went great except I can not send email. When it tries to connect to the outgoing server it says it can not connect. I have verified the SMTP settings, the user ID and password. I can not see anything wrong. Incoming is fine. Anyone else having an issue with outgoing? My next step is to contact the K-9 developers.

HI All,

I have a Droid X on Verizon with Roadrunner and K-9 works perfectly. Here are your settings: Sending use full email in user name then Mobile-SMTP.roadrunner.com for outgoing server, port 25 for outgoing, For incoming use POP.roadrunner.com and port 110. It did act up once and started putting all sent mail in the draft folder or trash, but uninstalling and reinstalling the program again using the same settings as above cleared that right up. Good luck.