Just Swapped for a Rezound

Droidram56

Reaction score
This week I had the opportunity to swap my Bionic for an HTC Rezound straight up, so I will be jumping over to the Rezound forum. Best wishes to all the Bionic forum participants and thank you for all of the valuable information!

diablo81588

Reaction score
Better get that extended battery ASAP! Good luck with your new phone :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

herrbifi

Reaction score
Oh you poor thing you have my condolences. My daughter has it and we hate the thing.

Tech425

Reaction score
I'm sorry also as I used to have an HTC Touch Pro and HTC wouldn't update it to 6.5 from 6.1 - They said it couldn't run it - well it did and better than 6.1

Moto has the best hardware dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Nice switch. I've never had a phone that I loved more than my Rezound. And yes an extended battery is nice but not necessary. But being able to go 2 1/2 days on a single charge with moderate use is sweet. I'm not going to hate on the Bionic because it's not a bad phone but there isn't a phone out now that I would rather have over my Rezound, not one.

nikecar

Reaction score
to the OP.. Welcome to the Rezound family. We don't hate on others when they have to leave the family, unlike others.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
DevilDogMP said:
To the OP. Is the rezound much better than the bionic?

I am very happy with the Rezound. My main gripe with the Bionic was data drops in 4g.

However, It is a skewed comparison because the Rezound has ICS and my Bionic had GB.

The UI is better - I Iike Sense, though I know some prefer the vanilla Android experience. The Rezound seems a lot faster. ICS is great. No data drops so far in 4G and the Bionic was terrible in that regard.

Battery life seems comparable to the Bionic before I got an extended battery for it. I've ordered one for the Rezound.

The speaker quality is better on the Rezound.

The only negative I have noted thus far with the Rezound is with the Bluetooth performance. It took 3 attempts to pair with my truck hands-free phone system and I was not successful in pairing with my wife's car's system.

Overall, I feel I have come out ahead with the swap. Hope this helps.

diablo81588

Reaction score
The ICS update makes data rock solid. I never have data drops anymore, so that's not a benefit. You did mention the fact that it was still on gingerbread but I had to point that out :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Tonik

Reaction score
The ICS update makes data rock solid. I never have data drops anymore...

FWIW I am on ICS and I just traveled from Cleveland through St. Louis, down into Arkansas then back across to TN and back home on my motorcycle. Now that I am back and after the hassel of data drops on the road while I am trying to navigate I am now shopping for a new phone. I will pay full retail since I am not due for an upgrade and it sure won't be a moto phone. Might take me a month or two to decide but I am done with this nightmare.

Guy that was with me had a Blackberry that never dropped data.

viper2ko

Reaction score
FWIW I am on ICS and I just traveled from Cleveland through St. Louis, down into Arkansas then back across to TN and back home on my motorcycle. Now that I am back and after the hassel of data drops on the road while I am trying to navigate I am now shopping for a new phone. I will pay full retail since I am not due for an upgrade and it sure won't be a moto phone. Might take me a month or two to decide but I am done with this nightmare.

Guy that was with me had a Blackberry that never dropped data.

Call verizon and complain about the data drops, they will first send u a new sim card, call back say its still the same problem, then they will send you a replacement bionic. Keep calling back, they will eventually offer you a Razr or Nexus replacement

Tonik

Reaction score
Call verizon and complain about the data drops, they will first send u a new sim card, call back say its still the same problem, then they will send you a replacement bionic. Keep calling back, they will eventually offer you a Razr or Nexus replacement

I am over my year warranty. I bought it day one, I regret not doing more about it sooner. I was a fool.