Just Rooted - System Force Close

stayclassy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I would like to preface this thread by saying that I have searched threads for this problem, but haven't found any aptly titled threads that help me out with this problem. I just rooted using MotoCache1's method, I have a 2.2.1 phone (FRG83D) and completed all of his steps successfully. however, when I boot up my phone, it says there is no battery ('please connect your charger') and I get a message saying "Sorry! Process system is not responding." I have previously rooted my droid while on 2.1 in the past, but the droid im using now was flashed to just regular 2.2.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Could there be something on my SDCard from the last root that is messing up my current rooting?

OP
S

stayclassy

Reaction score
Update: I just wiped data/cache through SPRecovery.. but I still get the no battery icon and no signal in the upper bar and the system still crashes- yikes!

OP
S

stayclassy

Reaction score
Solution: I took Charity's latest Smoked Glass update.zip and replaced the one I had on my SDCard. After a Wipe Data/Cache, it fully booted and my 3G and battery were back. Not sure what happened, but glad it's fixed.