Just rooted my Droid X using z4, can't get ipad to connect to wireless tethering

Status
Not open for further replies.

acedzero

Reaction score
I know there must be some threads about this but I couldn't find anything by searching except for something about the Galaxy Tab?

Anyway I have seen a lot of threads where people have these 2 playing nice. I don't know what I'm missing but I have tried to connect with/without encryption, I got it to connect twice, the connection lasted about a whole 3 seconds. Now the ipad won't connect at all.

The access control is disabled because apparently the kernel does not support it? I've tried rebooting the phone, rebooting the ipad, uninstalling/reinstalling the wireless tether app. I would try barnacle but not sure if that would help?

I'm frustrated, not sure what else to do... please help??

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wipe the app and try again. Go to settings/applications/manage applications/scroll down to wireless tether, force stop and wipe data. Then try it again

SD_Vee-Dub

Reaction score
Make sure you have the wireless tether password portected. I herd that was the only way it would work.

Goatastic

Reaction score
Stupid question but are you using barnacle or wireless tether? I know you say wireless tether in your op but I wanted to double check. Barnacle makes an adhoc network and wireless tether is infrastructure. Two totally different beasts.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I use 2.0.6 wireless tethering and can connect to everything with a password on except for psp it needs to have no password on. Also I don't think the ac control matters I never used it.

Sent from overclocked DROIDX 2.2.1, system version 2.3.340 that is rooted using Tapatalk.

OP
A

acedzero

Reaction score
Okay, I did wipe the app and re download it. It seems that it can maintain a connection now, but it doesn't let me surf the net or anything.

I'm using the wireless tethering app (not barnacle). It does not seem to matter whether I have password protection on or not. Access control is disabled due to the kernel not supporting it.

evltwn72

Reaction score
Okay, I did wipe the app and re download it. It seems that it can maintain a connection now, but it doesn't let me surf the net or anything.

I'm using the wireless tethering app (not barnacle). It does not seem to matter whether I have password protection on or not. Access control is disabled due to the kernel not supporting it.

I use wireless tether also with my ipad. what you need to do is go into settings on the ipad, select wifi, look for your androidtether. what i had to do was longpress on the androidtether and then it wanted the password for my wifi. next i hit the arrow and selected connect automatically. so anytime my wireless tether is on and i turn on the wifi on my ipad it logs in. hope this helps. let me know if u got anymore ?'s.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Discussions about hacking into Verizon's hot spot using TBH app are not allowed. Infractions will be issued for doing this. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.