Just received my Nexus 6 Leather wallet.. liking it!

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found this genuine oiled leather wallet for the Nexus 6 on Amazon a while ago, and it arrived today! ..

My overall impression is that the leather quality and craftsmanship is great. I even love the smell of the leather, it's like your shopping for a $500+ leather jacket that will mold around your figure. Very quality! I am a little worried how I will get used to the idea of a case that needs to be opened for me to use the phone (as opposed to yanking the phone out of my pocket and slamming it against my ear). But I was looking for a case to combine my phone and wallet into one, so with that criteria I think it will do the job nicely.

2015-06-19 13.46.19.jpg 2015-06-19 13.46.35.jpg 2015-06-19 13.46.46.jpg 2015-06-19 13.47.07.jpg 2015-06-19 13.47.26.jpg

A warning if you try to buy and are confronted with the shipping dates. It comes from oversees so they way over estimate the shipping. I ordered mine on June 10th, and it's the 19th today. So 9 days from Isreal to Texas, but they told me it may not arrive until the end of July, which would have been closer to 50 days!! .. The other reviewers on Amazon have mentioned similar experiences, so don't be dissuaded by the delivery estimate.

Here's the link: Amazon.com Genuine Oiled Leather Case for Motorola Nexus 6 Luxury Book Wallet Handmade Business Luxury New Free Shipping Cell Phones Accessories

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's the one thing that keeps me from getting something like this. I like the idea until I start thinking about having to open it every time I want to use my phone.

I had one of those "battery pack" cases for my S4 that had a flip cover on it and ended up cutting the flap right off because it eventually drove me nuts.

OP
veraderock

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that does make me nervous. But I'm going to try it out and see how it goes.

The other thing that I suspect will be an issue, is wireless charging. I like placing my Nexus 6 down on the wireless charger on my bedside table, but it's hard enough to line it up right with the thin case that came as part of the Project Fi welcome kit. I highly doubt wireless charging will work at all through a thick leather case.

On the plus side, it's not hard to take the phone out the case clip, so maybe I'll just get used to doing that to separate it from the "wallet".

ROADWARRIOR

Reaction score
Those wallet cases look nice however do you really want to hold your wallet to your head with debit and credit cards facing out? If someone steals your wallet they get your phone also. If they steal your phone they get your wallet and all your credentials . Also, the magnet that keeps the flap shut over time destroys the LCD right under the magnet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk