Just Pulled the Trigger

Reaction score
Bionic will be here by 10:30 tomorrow morning. Is the easiest way to reinstall my apps just signing into my account on the market and choosing which apps to reinstall? Or should I prepare to write down the ones I really want and do it manually? My contacts and everything else should sync up through google, just wasn't sure about the apps, both paid and free.

billyk

Reaction score
Just look at your installed list in the Market. Install what you want. Easy.

You'll love it!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
For me only paid apps transfer. I'd write down any non paid apps so you can remember.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Bionic will be here by 10:30 tomorrow morning. Is the easiest way to reinstall my apps just signing into my account on the market and choosing which apps to reinstall? Or should I prepare to write down the ones I really want and do it manually? My contacts and everything else should sync up through google, just wasn't sure about the apps, both paid and free.

The free ones didn't show up on mine...all the paid ones were there, and your contacts will sync through google IF you saved them as Google contacts....easiest way to reinstall all your apps is being rooted and using titanium backup, but that's only if your current phone is rooted

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jaycea22

Reaction score
You'll have to redownload all nonpaid apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
^^Wrong, my Bionic has expanded my mind and my possibilities infinitely.

I'd say it's worth it to do a quick root, install titanium backup, backup everything, unroot. Root your bionic, reinstall everything, and if you don't want to stay rooted, just immediately unroot after. May sound like a lot, but even for a beginner will probably take no longer than 10-15 minutes. Opposed to 30-45 minutes of trying to remember/reinstall/re-set up your menus etc etc.

You can also use AppMonster, which I believe backups AND restores for free and unrooted, but when I tried it I had a lot of problems and had to install them all manually through AppMonster. They were all there in a list but wouldn't install automatically, so I just had to select each one and install. With TB, it's extremely easy to do.

Anathema

Reaction score
If you can't remember which apps you should re-install, then you don't need them.

Beamin

Reaction score
Titanium Backup can create a list of all installed apps and versions and you can email it to yourself.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
^^Wrong, my Bionic has expanded my mind and my possibilities infinitely.

I'd say it's worth it to do a quick root, install titanium backup, backup everything, unroot. Root your bionic, reinstall everything, and if you don't want to stay rooted, just immediately unroot after. May sound like a lot, but even for a beginner will probably take no longer than 10-15 minutes. Opposed to 30-45 minutes of trying to remember/reinstall/re-set up your menus etc etc.

You can also use AppMonster, which I believe backups AND restores for free and unrooted, but when I tried it I had a lot of problems and had to install them all manually through AppMonster. They were all there in a list but wouldn't install automatically, so I just had to select each one and install. With TB, it's extremely easy to do.
You do realize that he's a spammer, correct?

Troops2990

Reaction score
you can also go to the android market website on your computer, sign into google, and then ALL of the apps that you have ever downloaded will be there (paid and non-paid). then all you have to do is click on them on your computer and they will install to your phone.. kinda cool and goes pretty quick.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Hey, that's awesome! Wish I would have known about this when flashing roms and wiping my phone!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
you can also go to the android market website on your computer, sign into google, and then ALL of the apps that you have ever downloaded will be there (paid and non-paid). then all you have to do is click on them on your computer and they will install to your phone.. kinda cool and goes pretty quick.

Wow I had no idea it did that! I knew you could see paid-apps but I didn't know it showed free as well. Great to know!