Just ordered new battery

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Has anyone had good results upgrading to the BP7X DROID 2 battery for their regular Droid? I'm hoping that I get better battery life with it..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

magnus

Reaction score
EcoZi - Battery Saving Search - will work in theory only if you have a Phone with an AMOLED display. In that case it take less battery juice to display blacks than other colours.

LCD technology is different where it takes the same amount of power to display any colour. If you want to conserve battery, turn your brightness as low as possible. All DROID phones by Moto use LCD screens to date.

Besides....if you did have an AMOLED screen, which you don't..... how often do you stay at the search page anyways?......long enough to type a query in. The results are all in white anyways........ EcoZi - Battery Saving Search - is just a gimmick IMHO

mike93364

Reaction score
Just looking at the battery specs I would imagine that an 1800mAh battery (BP7X) would tend to last longer than a 1390 mAh (BP6X) battery by a little more than 25%. Of course it is a larger battery that requires an extended size battery door, which I have not seen for the Droid.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Through Verizon you get the door with the battery. For a stock Droid the color isn't a match but I use a case so never notice. You only get a 20% or so boost it run time, it's significant but wont double your battery time.

ShaneA

Reaction score
EcoZi - Battery Saving Search - will work in theory only if you have a Phone with an AMOLED display. In that case it take less battery juice to display blacks than other colours.

LCD technology is different where it takes the same amount of power to display any colour. If you want to conserve battery, turn your brightness as low as possible. All DROID phones by Moto use LCD screens to date.

Besides....if you did have an AMOLED screen, which you don't..... how often do you stay at the search page anyways?......long enough to type a query in. The results are all in white anyways........ EcoZi - Battery Saving Search - is just a gimmick IMHO

ecozi is just a knockoff of bgoog.com from what i can tell and bgoog does have black results as well on my phone. i think LED backlit LCDs do save power, but there are definitely LCD technologies that don't...

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well it kind of depends on how you use your device example, i have the DX and had stock battery which i would kill in less than maybe 3 hours or less, so i got the extended battery. you will notice a little bit of improvement but not much. once again it also depends how you use your device.