Just ordered a Otterbox Commuter

Danielsan

Reaction score
I totally agree,just took mine out of case but I made one big mistake-i through the box away :mad: and now wish i could return and get xtened batt

Crankin,

If you purchased it from a corporate VZW then you can return it without the box. If you have the receipt still that's great, if not you can return it either way, as VZW employees are able to search for the purchase via your phone # and still process the return within the 14-day return period.

kman79

Reaction score
I received my commuter case last night. I'm content with the protection. If fits tight on the phone with standard batt; extended battery can be used but has to be strong armed into submission. Overall, I feel its the best case out right now.

vinfernalis

Reaction score
Anyone know how the otterbox commuter fits with the extended battery compared to the defender? Anyone try both on their phone? Is the commuter and easier or harder fit or is it about the same? Also for those that have the commuter case, do you know how well it fits in the standard holster pouches? I want to keep it attached to my belt so with that case i would probably want a holster pouch that I can just pull the phone out of when I need it. I currently have the defender case but the screen protector is kind of bothering me with how its making my screen look so I was thinking of returning it and getting the commuter and a holster pouch. Probably a little less protection but at least it doesn't have a screen protector.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
You guys who got an otterbox and have an extended battery, can you try it without the battery cover on? I'm curious to see if it's snug enough to run it w/o the cover.

Thanks

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
I imagine it would be, but ATM i dont have the Defender anymore. Once i get the Commuter, if it ever ships, i will post vid with that included.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I imagine it would be, but ATM i dont have the Defender anymore. Once i get the Commuter, if it ever ships, i will post vid with that included.

Cool, thanks!

timrock

Reaction score
got defender case, but how the hell do you remove it once you put it on?

pilot25

Reaction score
do a search with commuter and nexus extended. Someone posted a lot of pictures and a good thorough review of the case. The corners near the battery bulge with the commuter case and extended battery unless you take off the cover. Taking off the cover makes it fit fine. I would think dust would creep into the phone that way though.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
do a search with commuter and nexus extended. Someone posted a lot of pictures and a good thorough review of the case. The corners near the battery bulge with the commuter case and extended battery unless you take off the cover. Taking off the cover makes it fit fine. I would think dust would creep into the phone that way though.

yea i have seen those... kinda sux :/ but oh well. if i really like the case, and theres no way im going to return it, im going to see if i could "Grind" the silicone down to make room for the buldge.

Panther1911

Reaction score
I am using a Otterbox Commuter on my G-Nex. I like it. It doesn't add to much bulk. I am not using the screen protector it came with though (I am still trying to decide on one).

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Anyone know why these guys aren't up on Amazon yet? I have a gift card and have been wanting to spend it on that.