Just in case you didn't know (Navigation)

taypotts

Reaction score
Just found this out today.

If you want to set "favorite" places for your navigation just do this:

-long press on you home screen
-select shortcuts
-go to directions
-you can then put in an address and give it a name like "home"

There will be an icon on your home screen and when you click it navigation comes up taking you on your way.

Hope this helps some ppl.

OP
taypotts

taypotts

Reaction score
You can also hit your search button to do a voice search. If you say "navigate to" before your search navigation pulls right up.

It's a lot quicker to do it that way.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Actually, the OP is basically saying that you can create a short cut to a given destination without having to ever say it again. It's actually quicker. I did this for Home. Wherever I am, simply pressing this one button takes me home with talking directions. If you have a few favorite places, putting a few of these on the home screen is nice.

xjman349

Reaction score
Why when i say navigate home it doesnt navigate me home. It basicly searches areas like "ivory homes" etc?

lbarry

Reaction score
Well done Taypotts. Now the search continues to associate this shortcut with a voice label, effectively achieving xjman349's goal (shared here as well)

hyperlite456

Reaction score
You can also hit your search button to do a voice search. If you say "navigate to" before your search navigation pulls right up.

Yeah this is pretty sweet. Are there any other google voice tricks such as "navigate to" that you can say on the home screen for other programs. Lets say for youtube, opening apps or whatever else??

Willyammer

Reaction score
Sweet tip! Been looking for this idea.

Thanks
You have been Droided™

wil318466

Reaction score
awesome. This was actually driving me crazy. I kept getting places with "home" in the name and couldn't figure out why the damn thing couldn't just send me to my address.

-Wil

mjs31

Reaction score

Gonna have to try this one. I tried just saying home and, of course, I had Home depot etc...

Thanks for the tip

Is there a Droid tips section yet? That would be great to have since everyone will be discovering something new.

forkup

Reaction score
Great tip. I made a folder on my home screen named Places, after making shortcuts to places I want to go to I just drag them into the Places folder :)

Gratchf703

Reaction score
With your bluetooth headset, you can get the voice directions and keep the handset in your pocket or belt.

bguild

Reaction score
can someone help me out here? when I long press on my home screen, all i get is the trash icon to drag icons to. When I long press the home button, I get the pop up listing last 6 apps used. when i long press the menu key on the home screen, i get nothing. I'd really like to use these shortcuts, but I cant figure out how to get to that menu.