Just got the X

Spanky

Reaction score
Well, the local VZ store just got 15 of these yesterday so I picked one up. Man, this thing is a beast. So far I love it. It does circles around my droid. The phone is pretty big, but it really doesn't bother me. The HDMI out is awesome. I'm really surprised by the sound quality of videos shot with the camcorder. The FM radio is a nice added feature. I'm looking forward to discovering everything this device can do.

The only problem that I've had so far is that I chose Open Home as my default launcher, now I can't get the stock launcher to stay active, even using the home switcher app. Any ideas?

Also, the bottom 4 buttons don't always stay lit. Any reason why?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try uninstalling open home if you aren't going to use it...and give launcher pro or adwlauncher a try. As for your buttons lit, probably the brightness of where you are.

leonozug

Reaction score
Definitely install Launcher Pro and jack up the settings....the thing FLYS after you do. My friend was blown away how much faster it was and very happy with it after he installed it on his X.

Firesong3k

Reaction score
To enable the hard key lights to stay on while the screen is on and not timeout, edit your build.prop and look for this line...

ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=1
to
ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Waiting4X

Reaction score
Spanky - quick question / did your X come with 2.2 preloaded or did you have download?